Rent-A-Girlfriend

Double-page supporter
@Evilgorilla1234 FALSE! He cant be a loser when he has a harem(at least I don't know any, including me😭) or maybe this is way to much wishful fulfillment for me....

@pippo311lp
I really love this manga and I'm gratefull that I read all the complaints about only after I arrived at ch.91.
Is funny how any another comedy manga, where there isn't a story but only females harem with an enormous boobs, have a score of 8...is really funny. This manga isn't the best of romcom, but is really good and in a certain way, is original too.

Tbh its the loser MC. Most of these tend to be wishfull fulfillment for people so when they see an MC portraying al they don't like in themselves(or other people for some who don't self insert)it kills the immersion.

@firefox1234 Yeah,I understand that when you don't succeed in identifying yourself, is difficult to like the MC and the story, but I don't think he's stupid as @Chaoskunk said. He goes out with Ruka "the other cute girl" cause Chizuru told to him to go out with her.
She said that because:
[ol]1st - she wants to help him find a girlfriend ( as she promised to him) and she undestand tha Ruka is in love with him and so she's a chance for him
2nd - Ruka threatened to reveal everything to their grandmothers
3rd - she start to feeling something for him but she want to put him back
[/ol]
He is following her advice because:
[ol]
1st - This is the first time that a girl declares to him her love and despite she's a cute girl (as he said himself), he feel nothing for her (not love her)
2nd - He start to feeling somthing for Chizuru but he thinks that she's out of his league, so he try to convince himself to go out with Ruka cause is for his best.
3rd - Ruka's threat
[/ol]

Double-page supporter
@pippo311lp One thing i noticed that grinded my gears is that every time the MC has any resemblance of character growth it all gets flushed down the toilet the next moment. After this happened repeatedly you can imagine most people either call out the author for just padding a story or the MC is just a failure. Either choice its hard to get behind an MC who seems like a passenger in his own life(especially since he is in college)and follows the whims of the girls around him.

Imo what cripples this story is that its a harem which is surprising coming from a person who likes harems. If this wasn't a harem and had more mature male role models or decent male best friends to support the MC even with all his faults I could kinda get over it since I would see he has good counsel and I wont be questioning wat is an idiot like this guy doing with a harem when he has no business having one in the first place. To me it just comes of as a story for cheap kicks and art worth admiring, but hey we all gotta earn a living and the author seems to have found his honey pot.

@firefox1234 I only blame the author to have "eliminated" the best friend of him, cause in the first 20-30 ch he was precious for him (and story) I liked so much when the friend said to our MC that he was an idiot to let Chizuru go ( even if the story he know was a lie). As I said previously on other comment, this isn't he best romcom harem, but for me isn't so bad, the MC here isn't the smart one but I feel him real, a little exasperated but more real than other MC of other harem-romcom.
It's only been a little over a year from ch 1 to ch 92 ( I mean, the time in the story not ch release) so in 1 year the grow of characters is believable. He starts to understand what love is and he tryed stop this situation so many times but every time Chizuru or the events (like the last time) block him.

Double-page supporter
@pippo311lp
I hear a lot of people say this feels more “real” which I understand but after a while it started getting obvious to me the author was padding his story with drama. There’s not enough of growth proportional to the set backs for me at least to see it more than a cash grab and the same tier as “fast food” manga. If the author really wanted to be realistic in any shape and form it won’t be a harem(by the way I love harems lol). It completely cheapens the story of its tryna to be a bit more “real” and worse the MC and his interactions is built to keep him a perpetual victim. Maybe if this was in middle school setting I could get behind it....

@omnixd when the cover 11 will be released and Mami will not be on it 😘...
joking

@firefox1234
I don't see all this problems. He's a collegian but never had a girl so he's a newbie on this kind of things, he is insecure and in real life a person CAN'T change his personality in 1 year, little by little he try to grow. This is a manga so the growth is more slow, I admit it, but I don't bother about it so much like many others do. I have fun reading this story and I like this kind of harem, is "relaxing". I'm reading Go-toubon (who is not reading it?) and I love that manga too, but its harem is different from this, I like it but it's a normal harem, where different girls are pressing on MC, is funny but I feel this is different, I can't say which is better, but I like them both.
I undestand what you mean by " The manga trying to be "real" is ruining the MC" but I think the fact is another and the truth is that what people don't like is the way of thinking of the MC.
When he goes out with other girls he never think this: "Wait, why I'm going out with this girl? Isn't better stay with Chizuru because she is the girl I love and I want to make her feel better?"... I think this is the cause why so many people dislike the MC, but as I said at the beginning of the message and in the previous one, he's a newbie on this kind of feelings and doesn't know how to act, he thinks that Chizuru is out of his league so he doesn't want to receive a "No" as an answer to a hypothetical declaration for her because it would ruin their relationship. But he wants to stay with her, near her, so he try to stay close to her as a friend although he knows he loves her. In the meantime he wants to find a girlfriend, so he is torn between "a date with the other girls, trying to fall in love for one of them(I mean Ruka) to forget his love for Chizuru" and "give his best to not dissapoint* Chizuru and show her he's reliable (hope is the last to die) "

*When i say to not be dissapointing, I mean: He try to do is best with Sumi as a favor for Chizuru and keeping Ruka under control to not spoil the truth to granmothers

Double-page supporter
Sumi or Ruka in anyone's life would've been the blessing of their life. and somehow this guy is fucking up everything hahahha. man..... i need a Ruka in my life....

Its amazing to see how the toxic community once became a lott less toxic XD.
They said the manga as well as protag sucks but there they were eagerly waiting for the next chapter XD
it was so much fun reading the comments lol

@omnixd
Ahahahah I hope you saw the spoiler...I think that anyone who really likes this manga, will surely also like Mami and would like to see her more often. I like Sumi and this new arc kind feels good, but I want to know more about Mami's plan.

@pippo311lp haha, that's actually the only reason I'm still reading this. I reaaally want to know about Mami's plan and her past.. damn.
Also yeh, Sumi brings freshness and makes me forget about Ruka, poor JK, deserves better.

Group Leader
This manga could've been so much far greater if the main male lead wasn't such a damn wuss, where are your balls as a man.

Art wasted

I don't shit on "beta/pussy" MCs as im fine with them, but this is honestly too much for my tolerance. Still gonna read it since im this far anyways.

...am I the only one who remembers the ex? Still rooting for her to be honest and stir the pot instead of just spying on everything and failing to make mc jealous...

Jesus christ that fucking mc. Just tell mizuhara that you love her already or take ruka seriously ffs.
Now we even get sumi and 100% he'll never tell her clearly that he doesn't like her.

Users who are viewing this thread