Rent-A-Girlfriend

Power Uploader
The manga has no fucking qualities, at least he anime had a good opening and ending, and an amazing lineup of seiyuus (Rie Takahashi, Amamiya Sora, Yuuki Aoi) but the manga? Oh man its so so bad. The author doesn't know how to write a character that isn't a completely flawed annoying whiny little horny virgin character or neither is an annoyingly perfect flawless character which has no room for development. That's why people hate Kazuya. There is nothing wrong with whiny and annoying and weak and NEET characters, but they need to be done right. Look at Subaru, he was so annoying at the start (Episode 15) he was weak, cringy, always cried, whined, I hated him. But he eventually redeemed himself, the story even bothered to explain why Subaru is the way he is, it was actually rational. And then we have Kazuya.

You do realize everything that happens in the manga WILL happen on the anime as well? Just because you're seiyuu-biased doesn't make the anime adaptation any different.

Did you type this as soon as you went past the current anime ep?

Smooth brains hating the manga cuz they can't self insert into a main character who isn't spewing out witty lines every two minutes, yet you all keep reading for fucking 100+ chapters.
The absolute state of the manga community lmao.

@Gmaniko I agree. Lots of series with people asking for them to finish and saying how bad they are, yet they come back every week... it's like there's a lot of massochists hahaha

I can't believe the militant supporters of this manga. No wonder we keep seeing it: it's on the front page of the website as a suggested title.

No, I don't read it. And no, I don't rage over it. I know garbage when I see it. Watched some of the Anime. Read some of the manga. Meh. Once again another mangaka writing the same old stuff with a tiny different twist.

If you peeps enjoy it? Well, some of us cannot connect with the main character.

Just want to finish the story as I already invested time on it, but I hate the MC for overacting every fucking event in is life and having so little spine for 100 chapters.

@Fujiwara_no_Sai, I get what you're saying and I can't deny the fact that you're free to express your opinion but... Why do you keep bothering them? If you feel unpleasant reading like it's a waste of time you should go look for a better rom com :), as you said this is no perfect manga, there's a lot of other mangas that you would probably enjoy more :)

( not trying to offend you in any way, just asking out of pure curiosity)

@PedroContinuous
Have you ever heard of the Chinese proverb that says: "What is the sound of one hand clapping?"
While many have wondered whether it was "Deep" in meaning, or simply a stupid proverb, it actually does convey a good point.
Clapping requires a hand that moves in opposition to the "one hand." Without a position expressed that opposes the mainstream, we end up with the same silence of the "one hand clapping."
We live in a day and age where bullying people into silence is a "thing."
It's not that the bullies don't like rules. They just want the rules to be theirs.
So, I oppose ideas. My hope is that someone who is uncertain whether this is a good/bad manga, will put their thinking cap on, knowing some disagree with its content.
Also, I think it is a good thing for Mangadex to have representation from all points of view. This lets readers know that a forum's members are open-minded and not hostile to disagreements.
Don't you feel that hostility toward those who disagree with the mainstream is not a good thing? Silence would only breed the notion that everyone thinks this manga is a 10 on 10.
And yes, I visit threads that I've abandoned. I've even provided the missing chapters of the Cuckoo's Fiancee so that everyone can read the entire story and make an educated opinion.
Proof required? Here it is: The Missing Chapters Provided.

EDIT: A quick scroll up in this thread has Arin-san 4 days ago saying:
The manga has no fucking qualities, at least he anime had a good opening and ending, and an amazing lineup of seiyuus (Rie Takahashi, Amamiya Sora, Yuuki Aoi) but the manga? Oh man its so so bad. The author doesn't know how to write a character that isn't a completely flawed annoying whiny little horny virgin character or neither is an annoyingly perfect flawless character which has no room for development. That's why people hate Kazuya. There is nothing wrong with whiny and annoying and weak and NEET characters, but they need to be done right. Look at Subaru, he was so annoying at the start (Episode 15) he was weak, cringy, always cried, whined, I hated him. But he eventually redeemed himself, the story even bothered to explain why Subaru is the way he is, it was actually rational. And then we have Kazuya.
Sorry, Pedro. I'm not alone. Single me out, if you wish. For every poster who expresses their dislike, there are at least a dozen who walk away in silence.

Group Leader
@Fujiwara_no_Sai personally I feel that this manga has both good points and bad points, it's just that the bad points are more easily seen than the good ones. The biggest bad point is probably there being little to no character development to the MC's themselves. At the starting, it's somewhat tolerable that the mc is a simp and a kind guy who doesn't know when to tell someone to shut up nor speak out his heart, but even after 150+ chapters, it gets annoying seeing him act the same. And don't even get me started on ruka. I don't understand how people even support and like her, but that's their own wish. I personally hate her, around the same level as mami. The only reason I am still reading this is to see how or if chizuru and kazuya will even get together. The good points being the fact that this manga brings out the challenges that an actress goes through (partially tho) as well as the concept of rental girlfriends which I believe actually exists (dunno for sure tho) and the biggest one, sumi. God, do I love her.

A huge Thank You to @Thelonewolf !!

You see? THIS is conversation! Thank you for your points. They are noted and appreciated!

When it comes to Manga, I do have my breaking points. I enjoy zero to hero RomComs.

Subaru in Re:Zero was a tough pill to swallow. But my kids, who still cannot believe I read manga/watch anime, told me to hang in there. I saw Subaru develop and man-up and agreed it was a favorite. We now wait in anticipation for each new anime.

Kazuma's development in Kono Suba is slow, but the whole premise is so tongue-in-cheek that it's purely addictive.

Shiro goes from a lame loner gamer into being a force to be reckoned with in Log Horizon.

So I totes groove on character development.

Again, thank you for encouraging conversation, Thelonewolf.

@Fujiwara_no_Sai oh I see, didn't heard about this proverb but your analogy was on point! As I said I had no intentions to offend you, I was really curious, now I say that I completely understand what you said and actually agree that the discussion that comes from some saying it's good and some saying it's not it's really good and healthy when done with respect, I was just wondering why you kept reading without seeming to enjoy, but know I understand that you like some parts and others not so much and choose to focus on those you don't like, anyway thank for taking your time answering me!

at this point i just skim read the new chapter waiting for an actual development of the story.

i feel like you can just skip some chapter and can still understand the plot.

Users who are viewing this thread