Rent-A-Girlfriend

@Sestren_RkD
Thanks for the answer. If they followed the manga I don't think I will read it from chapter 1...
I don't have that kind of time.🙂

Dex-chan lover
Get yer ass in gear ya punk

This is really beyond me,which goddamn college student even acts like that srsly

...I'm

Fucking speechless...
157chapters, and he still acts like this?! What is character growth/development?
Do you eat it for breakfast?

Dex-chan lover
The MC makes me puke. CAN YOU PLEASE STOP SIMPING FOR A MINUTE?! "I'm going to take her on the best date ever". OK LET ME RUIN EVERYTHING GETTING ALL EMBARASSED AFTER YEARS I KNOW HER

i used to really enjoy this manga but now it makes me so angry everytime i read it. The same shit has been going on and on for so many chapters. things go well between mizuhara and kazuya and then mizuhara gets sad. The guy buys her on a 300 hour date spending all of his money and still not being able to figure out his feelings. Is this supposed to be a representation of college students?? cause its not even close. And its a shame because i really like the characters and the art style but the story is getting worse and worse. The author has to get his shit together and write a proper ending to the story because many more fans will be pushed away.

@claybruh I agree. The story was pretty relatable early on, hell, I probably would've done the rental GF thing if it was an actual thing in the US at one point. But this shit has dragged on for way too long. The MC doesn't even give a shit about his "real" girlfriend. He's had so much character development so far, but it all goes away when the story's gone on for too long without him simping for Mizuhara. Most college students I know would've just gone to a bar, gotten shitfaced and slept with the first person who lets them.

The nickname for the MC will be Simp-san from now on for me. That's one of the dumbest way to cheer up someone...

I'll try to elaborate, why I dropped it at Chapter 158 and why he does in fact act like a "Simp" rather than somebody in Love. This is only UNTIL Chapter 158, maybe it will CHANGE in the future.

"Someone who does way too much for a person they like. -> Brian shu the simp: I bought her a car and a whole ass house and we not even dating! " - Urban Dictionary.

He doesn't try to go further than "Rental", she clearly likes him but instead trying to go further, that he wants her as a "Real" Girlfriend, he still rents her or at least he could use the last Rental date as a Confession but didn't and just spent Money on a girl. At this point he's a Sugardaddy with no benefits. All the character development for nothing. Going back to the beginning. The beginning of this Manga was relatable for people and the use of a Rental Girlfriend is fine but many chapters later it shows how dumb the author makes the maincharacter.

Ruka, who became annoying as well even blackmailing him a little( or more? ) and why he didn't break up with her is still unclear. His "date" with Sumi always showed, that their time was the best, better than Mizuhara but she's only there for cheering him up and has no competition at all. Everyone in this Manga is running in a circle. Mami didn't show up since a long time as a real character. Author could explain more, why is she like that? Is there a reason? Why did she choose him? There is no information about this whatsoever, maybe in the future. Chizuhara's character at least recieves an explanation why she behaves like that.

The problem is also his character, all the time you hear him:" Wow, she's so perfect, so beautiful, I am nothing against her, I don't even deserve her". No Character Development at all and the Manga showed, that HE is actlually a good and dependable guy, he made a damn movie, works in that Karaoke(?) Bar. that is why people get furious, because he puts her on a pedestal but himself in the gutter. Does he wants to be her boyfriend / Partner or her Buttler? People thought, that after the Movie Arc he'd finally step up, because he did so much right just to throw it all away. All the time he just spents money, renting her, on her but didn't actually TRY to go out with her for real, as if he's trying to use the Rental as a defensive mechanism, just to say:" It was just Rental ", if something goes wrong. That is the reason why people get angry about the maincharacter and call him a simp, since his behavior is practically the definition of a simp. He literally made a Movie for / with her, her dream. Doing a bit more for somebody you like is normal but not this much.

It seems, that he doesn't love her, it's an obsession.

@Seran61 Thank you!! Finally, I have no problem with people hating the manga I like, in fact, I do recognize that it has its flaws (a lot btw), I just don't get people simply spamming the word "simp" over and over again! I actually agree with your points, so thanks for taking your time doing a good comment!

Aggregator gang
This might actually be the worst manga i have ever read and i only just dropped it because it was so bad that i couldnt look away. The characters are awful and unbelievable, the development is nonexistent and stuffed with fillers, the plot is insanely boring and both the comedy and the romance tags are completely unjustified, its just empty drama.

Why does the mc act like such a pussy? He’s a college student, not a middle schooler. What’s gonna happen if someone hits on Mizuhara? Is he gonna clam up? The author better get his shit together because this story is ass

Users who are viewing this thread