Rent-A-Girlfriend

@linoasterix

I agree. Ending it at #164 would have be sweet. Even better after
Grandma died. He should have stopped her in that hall and told her it’s ok to cry. She would have had that pretty cry scene...then he would have walked her home and clapped her cheeks all night and once in the morning. The end. How do you like your eggs?

🤔
But that would make it a rushed ending like Gal Gohan. I just finished it and I’m thinking it could have been 50 chapters longer.

@Bestgirl_Ruka

but I am the first to say that it is perfectly normal that the manga has continued.
also because there are several subplots that have yet to be developed, primarily Ruka who is not a secondary character.
honestly, as much as I'm happy to read, this manga has several flaws (for now).
Yaemori seems to have been created solely and exclusively to intercept young fans of cosplay comics & games and above all to speed up the manga. basically yaemori comes and says "you love her; she loves you. love each other and finish it there"; it does not have a particular thickness.
on the contrary Sumi has the opposite effect, the character is interesting but it almost seems that he has been inserted to do a few more gags and to better understand what type Kazuya is. they made her fall in love with him but then it died almost at the same time she said it, it didn't develop.
Mami, in my opinion, is the worst (for how she has been used) ... in practice (at the moment) she is just a mcguffin; she doesn't have much use.
The only real problem if the manga was finished earlier is Ruka who is an important character for the story and for the characters of Kazuya and Chizuru; in a certain sense it is thanks to Ruka that Chizuru decided to go to dinner with the Kinoshita family and to make it clear what she was willing to do she asked where the altar of the dead was.
such a character could not have suddenly disappeared, not to mention that Ruka's physical problem that made her become the woman we know is still unknown to the other characters.

having said that I am not a lover of open endings.
when I saw the ending of the Ranma1 / 2 anime as a kid, I was disappointed.
however, I also can't deny that open endings have a bittersweet appeal.

and this time too I wrote as much as a university book. : D

Everyone be posting paragraphs about this manga meanwhile I can't get over how Sumi tripped because of a rock in Chapter 153 Page 21

@Bestgirl_Ruka
I see. Nah he @ you and said "you still ask yourself whos best girl when reading manga, grow up lmfaooo"
But I see, i won't bother to explain or waste my time with them now. It seems that they're just toxic kids who love to down the community for nothing.

@amanburmi3 Yes, there is a new chapter today. The scan group is working on it now and usually finishes within the next couple hours (if past weeks are an indication). This week's chapter is called 「恋苦と彼女」, which will probably be translated to something like "The Girlfriend and Lovesickness," but I'm not very good at Japanese and I don't know exactly what 「恋苦」 means (the struggles of love? the pain of love?).

@linoasterix True! I think the speed of translation is phenomenal, though. It takes the group about four hours to go from a twenty-odd page chapter in Japanese to a full English translation that has been typeset and even redrawn in some places. The fact that we can get impatient is a testament to the speed and consistency of this group.

Users who are viewing this thread