Rent-A-Girlfriend

rwf

Kazuya: Mizuhara wont you have luch with me?!
Mizuhara: Sure, but you paying, and remember to rent me. Keep simping!

to read many comments here.
if they were to review the film "notting hill" they would say "nothing happens until he finally declares his love for her"

@Darksim Uhmmmmm yes?? For me personally I watched the anime firts and started reading where the anime finished so I dunno if the manga is different but there is for sure a story arc. Specifically in the later chapters. It's also really common for these types of series to really only consist of only somewhat relating chapters. Take Komi-san (my second favorite manga) for instance. If you haven't aught up to this manga yet I highly suggest you do so as, sure, the story was maybe a little lackluster in the beginning but it really REALLY picks up in later chapters.

I’m expecting mizuhara to say “you’re so dumb “ next chapter

Love these last chapters , they are both so dumb they’re circling round and round each others confession .

Supporter
He's so cringeworthy and awkward. I'm having such a hard time reading this.

@HSuke Completely understandable, at this point it's pure cringe. He knows her better than almost all of her friends and he still act like this. At least it seems progress is being made (haven't forgotten about the Mami subplot but even that I dread it was nothing important)

He still doesnt have any development after 171 chapters... in this progress he will have a girlfriend in 300 chapters and im optimistic here

Mc male character's overreaction and overexpressiveness was funny at first, then as time goes by I cannot help but cringe at his behavior. It feels like he is just a kid.

Double-page supporter
I used to really unironically like this one. Then, it became my favorite cringe-read. But now? Goddamn. Like, it's the same shit over and over again. The situations, the locations, I literally can't tell apart the singular dates, that are alle the goddamn same, down to the SMALLEST detail (the background cunts, MC's timing in both checking out the girl and his reactions), except the girl. It's soooo weird. Like, how do you write the same thing over and over again? Ye, I get it, each and every time he's on a date he's grown closer to the girl, but outside of some flashback panels that's never addressed. Man, this shit kinda sucks! It's even gotten past the point where it's fun to take it apart with a friend, never have I encountered something like this! It's too fucking late for me to stop, Please don't do my same mistake.

Did she need to invite him for coffee only to give him back some of the money she took? She could have just knocked on his door and casually asked about Ruka and then handed him the envelope. Notice how quickly she accepted to keep the money. What a waste of time, another semi-filler episode! He probably will have to rent her out, if he is to have lunch with her!
I suspect nothing meaningful will happen until the second season of the anime airs. It is slated for later in 2021, although it will more likely be early 2022 (still no official date). We will have another 100+ filler episodes until then. Seems to me that the author has very little experience with relationships and definitely does not know how to build character development. It is a ROMCOM but come on, at least let them become friends and talk to each other like normal human beings and maybe then confess and splash some drama, here and there. Slow burn romance is fine but not this; it feels like being stuck on a carousel that never stops and you can't get off. I will say one thing, the author definitely knows how to piss off his readers.

@oderflamund the author is married and has kids, if you've watched that "A day in the life of a mangaka" video on YT.
Go blame the editors for greenlighting these chapters lmao

Oh brother......at least there’s some progress 1000 chapters later. I don’t want to shit on the manga or the mangaka. I just hope this ends in the coming months.

Users who are viewing this thread