Rent-A-Girlfriend

Why the fuck is he such a brainless beta fag who is 20 years old, in college and acts like a high school boy who stalks the girl he likes because she is with another boy. Did the author forget he is an adult? at least make him use 1% of his brain.

Contributor
Oh I love this commenct section full of salty people mmm...

@VawX Joke's on you I actually enjoy being mad. Which is why I come back to this every week so I can refuel my hatred for the world

I think i just received cancer from exposure to the beta rays emitted by this MC ...

decided to check the comments before reading this, at least i know what to expect before going in, seen/read enough brain-dead wishy wash MC's to know how pathetic this guys gonna be.

Power Uploader
Tbh, i dont think the MC is THAT kind of a "pussy" as some portray here. I have seen much worse MC.

I bet enough here would be even a bigger beta in the same situation than this MC. Anyways, like NekoMizu said... if you hate it that much dont read it. Or is it like SAO where everyone hates but we all watched it anyways ?

Group Leader
Reading the comments on this manga is so entertaining on an entire other level; I've never seen a MC get so much (deserved) hatred since Eromanga-sensei probably, and even then not as much as this. I love it.

Dex-chan lover
I find the Ruka route to be superficial at best. She is cute but Ruka is with him only because
her heart beats fast. How long until she gets used to him and her heart no longer becomes excited?
Would she break up with him once he no longer meets that requirement? She'd have to have a perspective change as to what constitutes "love" that I wouldn't see happening in this manga. Currently, a better pairing than Chizuru but not to the point of taking over the heroine position like Best Girl Botan (may her ship sail eternal). M

My pinch of salt
Salt-Shaker-1024x804.jpg

Kazuya has a poor hand. Some of it is his fault Most of it is his fault All of it is his fault but that doesn't change the fact that it is time to fold and get a new set of cards. Or just fold. If I knew of such a guy in college I would probably tell him to lay off the romance for a bit and focus on school. Anyone that makes that bad of a streak of trash decisions should stop and get off the love train for a bit. Go back once you reset that thought process and matured. Or just stop being such a Betamax.

Not to say that the other routes are better. IMO all the ships are leaky ships in their own right. Like it seems for my fellow readers, I'm not reading this for the romance. It's more like watching a continual traffic crash where you don't have any emotional attachment to the passengers. It's like a manga version of a soap opera that you know is trash but get sucked in regardless.

Does this manga sell well ? I can't find sources to confirm it. Because if it does, we are in for a for a long ride (and an ocean of salt in the comments)

@Vverg

Oh no no no, you misunderstand. I really hate this manga so I'm going to go on a little rant if you don't mind.
He's far from being a pussy, hell I'm a pussy myself and I couldn't pull half the shit he does, if anything this guy is an Alpha male. What I hate about this character (and to an extend, manga) is the narrative dissonance that is at play, let me explain : this character is unredeemable, he acts like a total asshole (lies, betrays, complains, throws tantrums and most of all feels entitled without actually doing jack shit), which would be totally fine in the context of a story where the character is supposed to go through growth and self actualization (i.e Aku no Hana or NHK ni Youukoso!) but here the author frames it as quirky shenanigans and silly moments hinting that we're supposed to emphasize with a character that feels entitled to a relationship that he has done nothing to deserve or improve, when in actuality he's just acting like a massive man-child with no apparent awareness of his surroundings.

Seriously let's look at the most recent chapter shall we ? MC feels happy that he got a phone case from his fake-girlfriend, but when he realizes that she actually gives a gift to all her clients (how could she act like their girlfriend ?! I mean the nerve on that girl.) he freaks out and feels the need to fucking CONFRONT HER ABOUT IT. Of course she finds it a little creepy so she asks him if he is in love with her (which by the way is depicted as some big double page tension rising scene as if we're supposed to believe this is going to be some kind of big revelation) which of course he denies. They then get "caught" by his actual girlfriend who is by now reduced to a comic relief character and a "funny nuisance" that is there just to annoy the main character and take him away from the actual love of his life (I mean there's even a panel where the MC turns to his paid-gf with crying eyes while the other girl is trying to talk to him as if we're supposed to think as reader "Oh poor MC I sure wish this girl he willing fully accepted to date would just fuck off already !!" ). He then gets forcefully blindfolded and dragged to a oh lo and behold, LOVE HOTEL ?! Oh no, poor guy, his girlfriend wants to have SEX now ?! I wonder what's going to happen ?! Sexy times with the girlfriend ?! Or maybe nothing at all and the author is just going to cop out and stretch out this story to its absolute fucking limit until people realize this is not worth their time and just stop reading ?!

And I don't buy into the whole if you don't like it don't read/watch it thing. I fucking hate this and I'm going to read it to the end it's just THAT entertaining.
What I buy into is more "If you don't like it don't buy it" because you're right, if I wasn't reading free translations online and actually buying volumes of this manga every month or two I would've stopped caring after the first volume.

Yes I hate this manga THAT much.

Contributor
@Vverg I disagree, he is THAT BAD. I've read many things with crappy MC but I will tell you that up until now I've only dropped 2 series(watashi ni XX... and sakurasou na pet) because of the characters in it and now this will be the third.

Dex-chan lover
Well this is fucking awful. Wondered why it was showing up on the front page so much.

Looks at raws... oooohhhhhh lord it gets worse.

Well it seems they make me bored with the new chapter. I feel i didn't want read this manga until it's complete. To much *blablabla here. The Figure of MC. I didnt like it
im not interest anymore on this manga

Users who are viewing this thread