Rent-A-Girlfriend

Double-page supporter
Came back here just to check if the manga had started to redeem itself but after looking at the comments section... I'm outta here ?

THINGS I HATE ABOUT THIS MANGA

1. Grandmother

-Good grandmother should stay away from couple life . She should let them alone.

2. Main Character

-If It was in real life he would get arrest for keep disarrange Mizuhara and intrude her room.
-He keep breaking his promise.
-Make shit get worst like when he decide to go to that underground pub.

@#%$@#%

Aggregator gang
I'm only on chapter 3, but I feel like this Kazuya is the most unlikable male protagonist I've come across in a long time. I've never wished for a character to be NTR'ed before, but for such an obnoxious, irritating weeny like this guy, I think he'd deserve it. If I were that chick, Chizuru, I'd have just about punched him in the face and told him to fuck off. She's basically a paid actress who never signed onto getting involved in this guy's personal problems and family issues, and yet Kazuya keeps dragging her in, and he seems to be getting overly attached to her way too easily. He's a like the pathetic personification of every sad, creepy virgin on 2ch. "What?! She was acting? How dare she be exactly what she's paid to be! I'll give that slut a one-star review!" Even though this a-hole is the one who hired her.

If he were decent, he'd stop lying to his granny and just say "no she's not my girlfriend" or at least say "we broke up". And even though there was an agreement of mutual uninvolvement, the first thing he does when he sees that she lives next door to him is try to pester her, even though she clearly doesn't want anything to do with him anymore. Perhaps a good restraining order is what's needed, since the guy has no self-control, and cannot take a hint.

The author repeatedly inserts contrived circumstances in order to keep them attached and stuck together, like how "oh, they happened lived next door to each other all along, haha!" Seriously? What an ass-pull! I want to give this manga a chance, because I do like comedies, and I did laugh at a few parts, and I'd also kind of like to see some of the general themes explored a bit more; But I think this author lacks the ability to carry the story forward in an effective, convincing, and original way, or at least in a way that doesn't rely on trotting out one hackneyed cliché after another. I might try until chapter 5 or 6 until I give up on it, and just hope that it somehow gets better, or more interesting, or at least tones down the odiousness of the male MC. No idea if it will get any better, but I guess I'll find out.

Edit: Having just now skimmed through some of the comments below, it seems this doesn't get any better. Dropped. And thanks for saving me time, commentators!

For those who dislke chapter 1-5

DO NOT CONTINUE READING IT !! IT KEEP GETTING WORSE AND WORSE !!

NO CLUE HOW I MANAGE TO CAUGHT UP THIS SH*T

Aggregator gang
If that's the case, at least it beats scumbag mentality. Because only scumbag could root for a scumbag protagonist.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah...I can't say I am getting this one. I started reading without looking at the description, and I couldn't figure out why it was strange for a paid-actress to play a role. Of course she was pretending to be his girlfriend, he expressly paid her to do that. His behavior henceforth was that of a man-child, that kept digging his own hole deeper. I just don't get how that's supposed to be fun...
It's one of those stories in which I cannot see the upside about the MC. So much within his environment, and himself, is rigged (no money, no skills, demanding parents, cornered with familial expectations, caught in numerous misunderstandings, perfect circumstances to keep him within his net of lies, etc) to make him to behave in the worst way possible -- that I just cannot conceive it to myself how is this supposed to be a pleasant story to read.

P.S: Truly a story for cucks. For NTR fans. Only these people can enjoy so much negative aspects from a lead...Can't say I can stomach that.

bruh, if you make a dramatic scene don't throw in some random ass cliche comedy/borderline sexual assault bullshit

d

?the source of all drama in this manga: kazuya's retardation

Fed-Kun's army
@d: You kidding? It's the grandmas. MC Gram set the stakes unnecessarily high. MC may be a chicken, but she's not helping matters. Latest chapter only made the situation worse too.

Dex-chan lover
@TwilightFaze
Don't forget his meddlesome friends.

@ solipsist
Spoken as someone who has no idea what it means but uses the word still.

Dex-chan lover
Almost 300 comments. The author knows how to make publicity. Just reverse the logic and make the MC the source of hate. ?
Author probably laughs his ass off as he reads comments.

Double-page supporter
Never understand how a series rated so low for MD standards gets this much traffic ?

I hope she tells her. Can't keep up with that MC anymore. I only keep reading this because of the beautiful drawn girls. ?

Sorry guys, this is too much, this is where I get off, I don't even have the willpower to read the speechbubbles anymore

Users who are viewing this thread