Rent-A-Girlfriend

TL;DR @MangoFett66
He isn't likable and that's why people want it to end, if he was a little more rational, maybe people wouldn't be asking to fucking end it.

I can agree with you on that, it's just the MC is the MC and isn't a very likable character. I remember getting back into this when it first came out, and that's the only reason why I'm here now. I don't like this character architype anymore, but because I'm already in too deep, I might as well stay. This would be better if the MC was a little bit more- human, if that makes sense. idk where I'm going w this, he just isn't likable and no one is this stupid IRL.

@JosephJoestar68 Well you sort of expect it because stories like these the "end" is typically getting the two characters to say "I love you" then some cheesy flash forward to them together along with all the other characters hastily shipped with each other and no actual relationship development. That is to say no development on how they function as a couple when the cards are on the table. THAT is what I think people mean when they say it feels rushed. To do a comparison, imagine a shonen where the character has a bad guy as a goal. And they draag and draag out the MC's training to get strong enough to win. Showing plenty of details that really could have been skipped and the story would lose nothing for it. And then when the end comes to the final battle it's like half a chapter long and then the story is over with the briefest of recaps and a "everything is totally okay now" narration. That would be unsatisfying. The built up is to the moment where we see these things all come together. And I pray they dont just have some "I love you" end chapter and rush it in the last moment.

Yes give me more plot! I really hope were winding down to them being together. I mean the actor and the MC. I want a BL ending.

That was a throwback to an older chapter I completely forgot about. Wonder if the author is going to go with the Umi going after Mizuhara angle, or the Umi is a good guy who wants to help angle. The pacing is slow but at least it feels like there are developments coming. Minimal Ruka is a huge boon to the story.

wow the chapter is getting a bit better, i can see the MC able to talk more casually with Mizuhara.. but the most thing i like is that we can see a bit another side from Mizuhara.. finally she is getting challenged by her own words.. ahh that girl is playing too hard to get. I really like Mizuhara but I want to see more of her another side.. She is a real girl with real feelings and she is not perfect though. But she is just way too reserved and stubborn. The plot is still going slow, but glad that things are more likely to develop soon. I hope kazuya and Mizuhara would honest to their feelings!!

btw even though the story really slow and the MC is total loser, but I keep reading this manga because of Mizuhara. I want to know about her more and want her to be happy..

Mizuhara is getting better at relying to others while maintaining image, while on the other hand Kazuya is a bit more reliable person but still can't handle his delusions properly, like man you're doing work as a regular human being stick with, why always go for self pity then think of something stupid and pervert then say you're no one. Jeez luise! The pacing had to be slow because it represents Kazuya's mental capacity.. don't get me wrong, I like Kazuya to a certain degree but to witness this much of him is ticking me off. Lmao

Users who are viewing this thread