Retired Heroes - Ch. 36 - A Family Vacation(7)

Rather than her dad not going straight in he's probably been standing somewhere watching everything in case something happens.

Double-page supporter
I think it's just because they follow the arc as it comes up and get impatient. If you binge read this it's a fun adventure arc for Tifa and her silly uncle (?).

haven't been reading the comments, just now realising people don't like this arc? Man people are weird.

Fed-Kun's army
It's a good arc but slow release schedule, that's hurting it. But if you look past it there's a wealth of growth and development

Dex-chan lover
Yeah it's honestly a pretty good arc if it just released a bit faster. If I binged through all of this instead of being limited to release schedule it'd be way more enjoyable.

Dex-chan lover
Arghhhh! I don't want to wait another month!

Thanks for the chapter!

Double-page supporter
Don't tell me all this was part of the minister's plan. Sure reeks of it.

Dex-chan lover
i gotta say jenova, that's a hell of an entrance

everyone hating on this arc where the king gets development :(

Double-page supporter
For me, the long wait times plus the server troubles make me far too irritated. I bet if I came back to it when the arc is over I would enjoy it much better.

I think ppl say this is bad mostly because it seems like the history is desperately trying to make the new guy likable:
"see this new guy? he has backstory"
"look look look, he has feelings too"
"now look a this internal conflict, ma boi is top notch character development"

And the amount of info being dumped at once doesnt help either.
He only apeared 7 chapters ago, and yet this guy is getting the plot to advance his character, instead of being a character to advance the plot. The weird thing is how they decided to make a full character arc in the middle of "lost tina arc". Because, if your MC is in danger, why should the viewer invest himself in the unrelated backstory of new char that may-or-may-not be relevant in the future? His past has no narrative purpose to this arc. Is this Tina arc or New guy arc? If is New guy arc, why not make a solo thing, instead of shifting focus every 5 pages?

Given he's the guy who stepped in as king for Chris, Tifa's involvement with him is going to be incredibly risky for their family's attempts at obscurity. Establishing this guy once he enters the plot is pretty important. We already know that there's interest in Saliy as a successor to the demon king's throne, and Tifa's also in a human royal line... This stuff was going to come for Tifa eventually, and we need the human side of it too.

And look what the current king has to live up to. His predecessor was one of the big heroes who saved the world, and his advisor is another of those. The man feels outclassed and incompetent in every aspect of his life. That kind of feeling actually outright sabotages everything you do. That he keeps stepping up to help anyway speaks well of him and how he could be if he gained some confidence.

EDIT: Eric. That's his name. Dammit, I just couldn't remember and had to go through multiple chapters to find it.

Users who are viewing this thread