Rettoujin no Maken Tsukai - Vol. 2 Ch. 25 - Pursuing Esther!

Dex-chan lover
Makes you wonder why she's working for a guy who's willing to get people killed fast for mysterious evil reasons. Can't she send a letter out to help?
"Please help my boss keeps sending adventurers out to die"
Can't be that hard, can it?

Double-page supporter
@Red225 The author couldn't think of a plausible situation to put her in danger, so he had to contrive one.

@Red225 Or even easier, why can't she just quit? He won't have any authority over her, and she can safely leak the info.

@Red225 Who would she send it to? Without hard evidence, who's going to believe her over the guild leader? All the guild leader has to say is "they were inexperienced and couldn't handle a simple job" and boom all blame is off him.

Dex-chan lover
Dude abusing power as a guild master should just added into the collection of rust on your demonic blade no?

Fed-Kun's army
@red225, unfortunately it can be even harder.

Ignoring everything else, it becomes a “he said, she said” issue.

Sure, there might be a few other members that might speak up, but he has a higher position, so his words would normally have more weight.

And finally, I’m sure we can both agree, a guy like that, did not get that job “honestly.” And it’s very likely he knows enough people in the right places to shut down any words of dissent, even if all the members working at that branch spoke up.

Can she quit? Possibly, but it’s probably just as easy for him to mess up any job prospects she might have... or possibly, she might not have any better option, even without his interference.

@red225

You think this is the only corrupt bastard in power?

She's just some village girl working as a receptionist. A letter like that is more likely to get her killed than it is to get her some help.

she's a scared and powerless nobody in an excessively dangerous monster infested world. That is also why she instantly latched on to the very powerful, decent and not corrupt MC, because people like that are probably close to extinct in that world.

Dex-chan lover
An interesting offtopic example, In tsuki ga the adventure guild is literally created because it was someones romance and to keep a sort of population control for the humans that needed to fight.

So basically even if an organization seems to be working in your favor, always consider other possible aspects, pretty much a lesson we should be applying in rl too. Or just follow the money in most cases.

If I were him I would just scare the shit out of that guy and pressure him I wouldn't care about the consequences if they have problem with me then come at me

What is the Author doing? Pulling the next plot step out of a hat of the worst, over used plot elements?

Dex-chan lover
excited for the next few chapters where the guild master gets rekt

Dex-chan lover
this is why assassin class is the best in fantasy genre

you hate someone? just stealthy, cleanly kill them, done

it's not like there's integrated efficient modern police to investigate lol

@nachtness That or the berserker class, because after you cut down the first 10 people like they're nothing, most of the other enemies will just run away in fear.

Users who are viewing this thread