Ri-chan - Vol. 1 Ch. 168 - Afterwards

Dex-chan lover
I'm going to be bold in saying, that the hate against the dad is mostly undeserved. He was paying child support. Both he and his ex were not compatible. His visit with his daughter was civil and honest. Yes, him cheating is shit, but he took financial responsibility. At most, I'll say, he was a good financial father, but a bad (ie distant) emotional supportive one.
Bold indeed, considering he never cared enough to stop smoking for his daughter, but after he outright leaves her for another family, he drops smoking like a bad habit. Because it is. Never visits her, despite the mother (Who we have no reason to doubt) telling him he can visit, and how much Ri-chan loves him. All he can do is offer up empty platudes. Congrats, he paid child support. Pretty sure he had to do that whether he wanted to or not. And if he didn't, so what? I'm all for rewarding people for doing the right thing, but this is the bare minimum he could do after the whole thing with the other family.

Contributor
Ah, the gift that keeps on giving. Blessed marriage arc! 🙏

So Mifune didn't catch the bouquet. Seems it's not yet your turn next!
Wedding cake by Alphard! I knew she'd be the one to make it. I like that Riri even got to perform on her own wedding reception.

Seems Ri-chan's dad wasn't invited to the wedding (or maybe he declined to attend), but she did send him a picture at least. I like that even seemingly one-off characters also showed up in this epilogue like that snooty glasses guy and the little girl he unintentionally rizzed with the piano, now a middle(?) school girl. The other piano playing brunette Narita became a nursery teacher. I didn't note her name because I didn't think I'd ever see her again, but here she is. Nice.

No kids yet in the epilogue, but we know Tatsumi and Riri will get there one day with that much overflowing love in their new home. Maybe they just want to enjoy at least a year or two by themselves first, perfectly understandable. She also finally kicked the habit... good, now they're fully ready to be parents whenever in their journey together, now and forever.

Dex-chan lover
A beautiful ending for a beautiful manga. It's nice to see Alphard again (and all the other callback characters, even if I don't remember half of them... Time for a reread!) and I'm so happy for Ri-Chan's mom and, of course, the lovely couple.

Dex-chan lover
I'm going to be bold in saying, that the hate against the dad is mostly undeserved. He was paying child support. Both he and his ex were not compatible. His visit with his daughter was civil and honest. Yes, him cheating is shit, but he took financial responsibility. At most, I'll say, he was a good financial father, but a bad (ie distant) emotional supportive one.
Same. Sometimes things just doesn't work out. Like sure he cheated and that's such shitty thing to do but again, that's pretty realistic. He even acknowledge that Riri and her mum wouldn't want him in their life and distanced himself. Also pretty clear he still loves Riri going by his reaction here

so_peak.png

Users who are viewing this thread