Risou no Himo Seikatsu - Vol. 13 Ch. 53 - "I'm not Sure If it's true or not"

I've used MTL before to translate quickly stuff, and this is even worse. Using a combination of DeepL and RomanjiDesu, you can get pretty accurate English sentence structures that make sense. There might be better ways to word it in English and looking at other text can provide context, but this was just Google translate trash.

Never upload a translation again in your life. Nobody asked for this. RonBWL and Toor scans never said they are dropping the manga so leave it alone

Are we being trolled, here? How the hell can anyone get their pronouns wrong.

Being unable to differentiate “I” from “You” is just… I mean, even my dog knows when another dog peed over the lamppost he marked yesterday, even he knows that that other dog is not him!

Group Leader
That brings up a question I have.

What fonts are better for scanlations?

I see some works that I sometimes wish to scanlate. Some in japanese (that unfortunately I would need to use google lens and the like, but unlike this one I'd take a read and edit. Seriously, so many times I could get the meaning, so it just needed some actual human effort to fix...). Others in portuguese but without a version in english (there is one in particular that seems to have two translations in portugese but none in english for just the first chapter, all others having both).

Any font suggestions? And skill tips?

Also,

Any idea what AI was used for the cleaning?
Most commonly used font ( from the poor knowledge i have ) are :
main text : cc wild word, anime ace
small text : augie, chinacat
thoughts/naration : zud juice, cc jim lee

But people might say to you :

"Ugh. Typesetting is art. Every manga has different line weight, thickness, funkiness, shading. So tailor the font you use to match best the manga you're working on."

Which is totally right, i personally doesn't have the skills needed.
As for tips, the translation is what matter the most in my case, it's fairly easy to make things look alright/fine, but bad translation just take you out of it. ( my opinion ( said from someone doing MTL ))

Group Leader
The issue isn't even the method he/she/they used, but they didn't bother looking if the translation made sense, was coherent or consistent.
The character change sex all the time, you is used a lot but it's meant to be i/he/she most of the time even a family name changed. Some part or while sentence are typed twice in row, there is even a "total : 0,000" in the first few page to give you a taste of what's coming since in the next page a text is covered, and i could keep going for a while.

Just what are "strange-aged woman" supposed to be.

And it's not like the manga was dying, last update was last month, we could have easily waited, i just don't get the purpose of that upload.

Dex-chan lover
This piss poor translation is trying to convey the intricacy of diplomacy. Talk about a mismatch.

Dex-chan lover
And I thought I was having another smooth-brained day again. Nah, it was just this making no sense.

Dex-chan lover
The normal commonsense, polite thing to do is to thank for the chapter. But I won't. No thanks for this chapter, this is like handing me a fistful of dog shit and saying "be thankful cause it's free"
And yet many times when I criticize such piles of dog shit, I've had the "scanlators" or moderators come at me saying I should not be an ungrateful prick and give some appreciation for getting my eyes smeared with their dog shit.

Man was this hard to read. I don't think I even understood a quarter ofthe translation here. Thankfully manga has pictures which I can use contextually to understand the scene. That's a blacklisted team from me

Dex-chan lover
It seems that the title of the chapter has been changed, but "some translation mistakes" is short-selling the unintelligent way this chapter was translated. Clearly translated by a machine and rushed out without a proof read, which seems difficult to do considering that it was cleaned decently. This leads me to the belief that the team clearly does not have a finger on the English language, let alone a full grasp. I hope the team's disgraceful posts never appear on my feed again.

Dex-chan lover
WTF is wrong with you people? Why so rude?
YOU GUYS SHOULD BE EVEN MORE RUDE!

Like holy shit I even convinced myself it's not going to be that bad but holy shit I was so fucking wrong. Also "Please note that it has some translation mistake"? Really? That's your excuse? Some mistake? The whole chapter is riddled with mistakes bruh you shouldn't even upload it to begin with. TOOR is like Avatars. They're gone when we need them the most 😔

#SayNoToMTL

Last edited:
I was surprised for this chapter to have so many comments ,then i checked it's not the usual translator uploading which got me a bit suspicious ,then i read the comments. yeah im gonna save myself the trouble and not waste my time checking out the translation and will wait for the usual translator or the official vol 13 translations in april ,whatever comes first.

Dex-chan lover
This is honestly one of the worst translated series I’ve seen, you can use MTL and still have it turn out good, but this is just terrible. They didn’t even bother to proofread and the misused pronouns made it extremely hard to know who is talking and whom they are talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread