Risou no Himo Seikatsu - Vol. 13 Ch. 56 - Imperial Wrath

Dex-chan lover
If he gives camo technology to the military inclined tribes of a potential enemy kingdom he's an absolute moron and terrible at this negotiating stuff.
prob not but i do think what's coming is still bad for him in a secret messaging service

Supporter
The waves he's going to make are much bigger than he's expecting, though.. Because in finding a non-magical way to make use of something "useless" , he will be severely upsetting the local power balance.
"Beware of the well-intentioned. They are oft a bigger threat than those of ill will."
Throw out some spoilers?

Dex-chan lover
Lucrezia continues to show how incapable of political intrigue she is. Ironically, that's probably her strongest trait to become one of his wives. She's so transparent that she's a safe choice if you want someone who won't backstab or manipulate you.

That's not how camouflage works. You want to be the real colour of your surroundings, not the apparent colour. The time of day, or rather, lighting conditions, don't matter, since they will affect you just as much as your surroundings.

If you have a good father, don't touch his family.

Yeah, but I think it's still a bit of a stretch. Even thin leather is fairly durable and useful for many applications. And you can always layer it, like a gambeson layers cloth.

A changing colour also has several applications.

That's one of them, if the colour is better suited for camouflage than any static colour. But even the novelty of a changing colour can be used for fashion.

In other words, I think there are too many uses for that skin to be deemed completely useless. It's not like there's a single useful purpose for it they've somehow overlooked; it's a bunch of them. Well, that's what it seems like from the information given.
I think you brought up why the skin isn’t as useful yourself, it’s not actually camouflage. It having the skin change based on temperature isn’t really that useful for real camouflage and arguably worse because you can’t control the color of the skin.

I really wish they would stop calling basic lizards and the unimaginative dinosaur designs from jurassic park "Dinosaurs". Am I really supposed to believe they never had stories or descriptions of actual dragons? Even then how did any reptile become a dragon for them? This is a nitpick but gosh it annoys me.
I think the term “Dragon” is important because of the dragon worshipping religion they hinted at in chapter 28.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone here is thinking of active camouflage yet here I am thinking thermal paper as in receipt paper.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So I take it that the line about "nobility involving a child who still hasn't grown all his teeth" was also a subtle threat regarding the treatment of his own child.

Dex-chan lover
Throw out some spoilers?
Given that I only consume manga as they're published on MD... No LN/WN even...

If my conjecture is spoilerific, it's because the author is telegraphing stuff.
In this case, probably showing peeps to get something done with something "useless", without having to rely on Bloodline Magic.
Bypassing the absolute foundation of power in this world will make waves. And enemies...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I really wish they would stop calling basic lizards and the unimaginative dinosaur designs from jurassic park "Dinosaurs". Am I really supposed to believe they never had stories or descriptions of actual dragons? Even then how did any reptile become a dragon for them? This is a nitpick but gosh it annoys me.
Considering that we refer to a monitor lizard from the Komodo islands as a dragon despite looking nothing like a stereotypical dragon from our myths and legends, this really isn't much of a stretch if you think about it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Really enjoyed seeing him get serious once he put it all together; When you think about it he stopped being "lazy" a long time ago.

Dex-chan lover
Lucrezia continues to show how incapable of political intrigue she is. Ironically, that's probably her strongest trait to become one of his wives. She's so transparent that she's a safe choice if you want someone who won't backstab or manipulate you.
Manga didn't show this, but in WN where Zenji and her interacted more they have commonality to go with. Lucrezia is essentially the opposite of Freya; she's harmless as a kitten among lions, but is very much a threat on the domestic side.

Dex-chan lover
So I take it that the line about "nobility involving a child who still hasn't grown all his teeth" was also a subtle threat regarding the treatment of his own child.
For me, that wasn't the "also". It was the first thing I thought of.

Manga didn't show this, but in WN where Zenji and her interacted more they have commonality to go with. Lucrezia is essentially the opposite of Freya; she's harmless as a kitten among lions, but is very much a threat on the domestic side.
Well, what is shown here is that she does have a personality that's easy for him to get along with.

Dex-chan lover
It's because there were many lizard and snake designs for dragons.

In fact, it's more modern dragon images that became unimaginative... because we only started to view one type of dragon as "dragons"

Giant Lizards were basically dragons. Dinosaur bones were also regarded as Dragon Bones....

And if you took the Jurassic Park Dinos to the middle age past, they'd probably believe they were dragons...

Because of modern media, we now have a much more stuck image of what dragons are in our head....

Dex-chan lover
I really hope that if a new girl is added, it's the big boobed one.

Also, let his maid join instead of a new girl...

Dex-chan lover
they would actually call it something else remember this is a translation (not only from japanese to english but also from the language of the series et in to japanese as such even if they had a different word it would be translated to something he would understand. also while yes dinosaur is a better determinator when it comes to fantasy determinations the term "dragon" would be an all encompasing term for them as there are also sea dragons (which we have actually seen at the time that skadi and the princess first arrived) and we haven't seen a lot of others. so while yes it would be more logical to our world to define them as "dinosaurs" having them named as dragons (or specifically drakes) would be a lot more logical in the fantasy worlds biological definitional system.
Not even from another language into Japanese; it's just straight Japanese. [恐竜] is Japanese for dinosaur, and can you guess what it means? "Fear Dragon". Dinosaurs in Japanese ARE dragons. Pretty sure that it's the case for Chinese, as well.

Aggregator gang
If he gives camo technology to the military inclined tribes of a potential enemy kingdom he's an absolute moron and terrible at this negotiating stuff.

Sounds like he's using it for a printing press?

Dex-chan lover
Sounds like he's using it for a printing press?
It will be interesting to see what the angle will be for that, since its for a nomadic tribe that focuses on raising dragons.

Yeah I dont think it will be camo, that would be terrible writing.

Dex-chan lover
Not even from another language into Japanese; it's just straight Japanese. [恐竜] is Japanese for dinosaur, and can you guess what it means? "Fear Dragon". Dinosaurs in Japanese ARE dragons. Pretty sure that it's the case for Chinese, as well.
M8 obviously it would be written in Japanese it's a Japanese manga what I mean is in universe reasoning because if you remember correctly they don't speak Japanese in the capua kingdom but somehow it gets translated by magic (that's why he couldn't learn magic from his camera)

Users who are viewing this thread