The Ideal Sponger Life - Vol. 14 Ch. 60 - Capua Royal Family

Dex-chan lover
Aura in previous episodes: Keep your cards close to your chest, and don't make too many waves.. Cards closer!! Less waves!!

Aura in this episode: Let's send in the representative of the historical nemesis of the Twin Countries. Let's dress her in Royal Colours as well, just to make sure they Get the Message.
She can be really brutal sometimes...

@HDMI1 There's nothing Canon in the story as depicted that she's that flexible.... :p

Aggregator gang
wait so the red dress thing means she wants her to be concubine or is she jumping to conclusions?

Dex-chan lover
wait so the red dress thing means she wants her to be concubine or is she jumping to conclusions?
I think the red dress is a symbol that Freya is connected to Aura's kingdom. It's like wearing the tartan or colors of a noble house showing your alliance to them. The color red could be the official color of Aura's kingdom, so no other royalties wear it. Freya wearing it affirms her connection to the family. She isn't just representing her old home but her new one.

Last edited:

Tju

Dex-chan lover
I briefly though "oh no, now we need to wait for the release of the next volume". but apparently up to vol 18 is already released, so the translation speed should not slow down.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think blue and red would clash. If that's the case, you're mixing the wrong shades. Though if it is the national colours, you don't have that much of a choice in that. Still, clothing is more about matching to itself, rather than to hair and eye colour.

Definitely not jumping to conclusions. I wouldn't be surprised if Aura does it intentionally as if to say the position is already taken. "Concubine? He already has one."

Group Leader
i think that was her previous husband and not her father.
No I think that was her dad. Chapter 1, Page 23 confirms that all her blood related immediate family members were killed during the last war, and she summoned the MC because he's the only other member of her bloodline left.

In a world where the position and authority of the Royal family is jeopardized just because the current female ruler married a male, she wouldn't marry someone from the same country if she could and risk them overthrowing her.

Dex-chan lover
Yes.. It means she has been approved as a Concubine by Aura, and as such is considered part of the Capuan Royal Family by her.
It also tells the world in general Aura considers the deal done, and any ceremonial/"wedding" stuff is mere window-dressing.
Freya is part of the Royal Family, and due any and all courtesies as such.
Failure to do so has.... Consequences.

It's a really big deal, and a very bold move by Aura.

Users who are viewing this thread