Risou no Himo Seikatsu - Vol. 6 Ch. 24 - The Prince's Secret

@mage_goo unfortunately the novel doesn't say much about how mana pools plays into this. The way they say it is as if a person not only need the dual bloodlines but also the massive mana pool in order to make both magic work. Which would explain Zenjirou with a diluted mana pool doesn't have what it takes. However his descendants with Aura and their descendants will probably have it, but it will get diluted as well over time if they do not pro-create continuously with both bloodlines (either with the Sharrow Family or in a worse case, incest).

I like how the magic system is not so 'easy' but rather need precision in order for it to work. The novel does state that most people in the Southern Continent although possible to use magic, can't do so in battle due to the concentration needed. Which is why all their armies still fight with normal weapons. But they use their magic for support/logistics like lighting a fire for camp, building earth shelters etc. Their magic works on 'Correct Intonation' of magic words (not normal language), 'Correct Perception' of the magic working and 'Correct Amount of Mana' to be used. Any of these three requirements not met, the spell won't activate.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks. Damn Bona is cute. Such a slender waist

Dex-chan lover
@manganism In this context, harem is justified. The country absolutely want more offspring so that the gravity magic bloodline is passed on, so MC having multiple female partner is very wanted within the story. I believe it's explained.

Dex-chan lover
Bona is precious

New Swedish style WAIFU coming in hot!

Let’s go!

"Sit on my face", "Let's try the backdoor", "Teach me how to ride raptors and to fight" (at least to a passable level) "Let me get some engineers and make an electric generator for when gas runs out" (concealed of public view or they could use his knowledge and still have Aura leading with the simple explanation that some people are good at leading and some not). There were so many things to ask for. . .
Why would the author actively dissimulate her outline when the new arc color pages show she's a girl? It's like those trailers that tell the whole story

Dex-chan lover
The Prince is no fool. Having an enjoyable life is better than getting headaches over politics.

Aggregator gang
@Liquidxlax Well its polygamy plus who can say it will stop at two wives
there is Bona who was sent by the twin kingdom unknown o her the twin kingdom actually sent her to get close to Zenjouro and another girl from the twin kingdom will appear and then there is The daughter og Guzzel and then the three made for now its only confirm he will have Princess Freya which just appear now but who can say in the future.

Fed-Kun's army
@Hell_Satan yup. And they aren't closely related due to the adoption thing.

That said, with all of the "needing to keep it in the bloodline" for magic inheritance I do wonder why they don't have a lot of Charles "The Bewitched" of Spain (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_II_of_Spain) style issues.

I also wonder how much cool magic also just died out with a bloodline. It nearly happened with Space Time Magic (and might still happen because one "breeding pair", not to put too fine a point on it, is one heck of a genetic bottleneck). Frankly, mixing bloodlines probably has to be done out of sheer necessity for them.

Dex-chan lover
Strange how MCs're talking about making agreement regarding two bloodlines magic user invalid, when it's obvious related to uniting the continent.

Users who are viewing this thread