Risou no Himo Seikatsu - Vol. 6 Ch. 24 - The Prince's Secret

This author tries way too hard to be clever with their 'politics' but it comes off like a teenagers political discussion in a fanfic

Aggregator gang
@Durantye oh no, they go way deeper in the light novel, they skipped important background information that's not bad to pull off but for a better understanding it would have been better to keep...

I can't help but think the kingdoms in this story are just a tad bit retarded in their politics. Like making a rule that if someone can use the other nations magic they can't become king seems like the absolutely most wasteful thing they could do. Especially in this case. I mean a person that can use both, and at an amazing degree at that, could be a world changing figure. But they essentially hide him and don't allow that powerful bloodline to go on? A smart ruler would risk war if it meant ensuring such a powerful future profit as that. Their entire society is wasteful in the use of it's assets. And the mc being such a, well for lack of a better word, beta, really makes things more frustrating. There is so much wrong with the society they are in that i would go fucking insane being in the mc's shoes. It would be like living in a world of idiots that know they are idiots, but keep being idiots because they don't want to make the other idiots mad by not being as idiotic as them.

This makes no sense? If they are hiding his abilities soo much
Does that mean their bloodline is not mixed ? Are we talking about freaking incest here ? Wait isnt mc related to his wife with blood too ? Wtf is this shit?

Dex-chan lover
@jackmiaw
Does that mean their bloodline is not mixed ? Are we talking about freaking incest here ? Wait isnt mc related to his wife with blood too ? Wtf is this shit?
Very very distantly related, like 5 generations ago. And remember kings can have concubines and may have multiple heirs each possibly having different mothers. This means that the prince who eloped could be Aura's great great grandfather/grandmother's half-brother. Furthermore, Zenjiro has had 4 generations of well... Japanese blood in him.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like boning Bona would bring a lot of plus sides for them and few cons, if they could (and I think they would) enforce that the son would stay in their country. They'd have herself to teach both MC and the two kids bestowing magic.

Dex-chan lover
@Eridian
I can't help but think the kingdoms in this story are just a tad bit retarded in their politics. Like making a rule that if someone can use the other nations magic they can't become king seems like the absolutely most wasteful thing they could do. Especially in this case. I mean a person that can use both, and at an amazing degree at that, could be a world changing figure. But they essentially hide him and don't allow that powerful bloodline to go on? A smart ruler would risk war if it meant ensuring such a powerful future profit as that. Their entire society is wasteful in the use of it's assets. And the mc being such a, well for lack of a better word, beta, really makes things more frustrating. There is so much wrong with the society they are in that i would go fucking insane being in the mc's shoes. It would be like living in a world of idiots that know they are idiots, but keep being idiots because they don't want to make the other idiots mad by not being as idiotic as them.

Because the ruler main interest is to keep themselves in power. Having someone who can use both magic would threaten both countries. While they are a twin kingdom, the two countries are equal. If a dual magician become a ruler of one, the other would be seen as weaker. Definitely wasteful and idiotic if we're talking about the future of the world. But they care more about their self interests.

As for the MC, the premise is that he WANTS a peaceful lazy life. Since I share his sentiment, I know that changing the world is the last thing he would want to do. Again this is the premise of the story from the beginning.

Dex-chan lover
@Eridian cause what’s the point of being a twin kingdome if one kingdome have both power.

Him making babies could easily change the balance of power between two countries might as well have war cause it will end up like that anyway.

@greatninja3 That's exactly my point. The best option right now is to bite the bullet and unify both kingdoms. Whether that be through war or not doesn't matter. A leader that has the best of both nations just being thrown to the side to keep up appearances and the autonomy of the other nation, is just so foolish it boggles the mind.

Dex-chan lover
@Eridian I mean your country will be open from attacks from neighboring nations death to some hundreds of thousands of people will probably take a generation or two to recover unless a third party to take both of you downs then chances of recovery is pretty much zero.

Idk man war sounds good if you are not the one dying. Clearly thousand of years of friendly relation can be easily tear down yeah.

@greatninja3 Doesn't matter. Nations have warred since man picked up sticks. Fear of your neighbor isn't a stopping force for most engagements, as it's one of the first things you assure is no longer a factor. And generally a nation surrenders before it gets to the hundreds of thousands dead. Like it or not, most major progression for humanity has been achieved through war. It's the fastest way usually. And like i said, they have a very real power on their side here. A ruler like that, especially in a story where bloodline magic is a thing to be passed down, basically assures a bright future for any nation led by them.

wait isn't there a chance for the son to use 3 bloodline magic then? since the bestowal and healing bloodline have mixed before, there a chance that the princess from back then had both traits in her blood thus allowing the possibility that the son can get 3 bloodline magic. albeit at a very slim chance?

@need4speedrazor6 i think they mentioned how you needed double the magic in their body to be able to use it and zenjirou is said to have magic at the level of a head of household noble. not as much as the queen or close to the prince

Dex-chan lover
Yes yes. They made a small human. But at this rate it doesn't seem like they'll be making any more.

Users who are viewing this thread