Risou no Himo Seikatsu

O-OH NO, A LIFE OF BEING RICH AND HAVING SEX WITH A HOT CHICK? THAT WOULD SUCK.

Double-page supporter
I hate how the author attempts to tell the reader how smart Yamai is via the queen by constantly having her be surprised by his intelligence. But he never really appears to live up to such high praise, at best he's sort of average and even that's a stretch.

This is a guy that had a whole month to prepare things to bring to this new world. A generator, some convenient electronics and a PC, yeah that's all great but then he just brings a bunch of shitty reality tv-shows and video games. Not a single thought like "Huh, their world isn't very technologically advanced, what if I brought all of our scientific knowledge along?".
He doesn't even have to Dr.Stone it, with a whole kingdom's resources, intelligent researchers and craftsmen at his disposal they could eventually get a fully functioning electrical grid going, and that's just the basics. He even lamented over the fact that his generator would only last 10 years but never thought about bringing the knowledge on how to build one.

Even basic stuff like chemical compositions, how to create/extract various materials or building techniques would all be invaluable. All he had to do was fill a few HDD's, maybe even some physical books as backup in case electronics got fried or something.

People have already pointed this out in individual chapters but I had to vent about it, got about halfway through current chapters before deciding I can't continue.

Double-page supporter
@Degernase you make a good point but I think the author does that on purpose so the story stays about a man coming from another world to sponge of his wife who is a Queen, hence the title. Your ideas would most likely put the MC in the spotlight too much and I’m guessing the author wants his wife the Queen to be the one in the spotlight while MC just tries to stay out of it.

Double-page supporter
@firefox1234
Then he shouldn't have been given a full month to prepare ahead of time. Despite all of the time and effort he put into 'preparing', he didn't end up being very prepared and the only thing to blame is his own stupidity.

Either writing the plot so that he had very limited time to prepare or portray him as a dumb guy that couldn't think ahead would solve the logical inconsistencies, in my opinion.

Also the queen could spin the new technology into being thanks to her because only she possesses the ability to summon people from the other world.

Dex-chan lover
@Degernase

I am sure somewhere in LN was pointed that MC didn't want to influence another culture. Or at least keep influence as small as possible.

Double-page supporter
@Degernase

Also the queen could spin the new technology into being thanks to her because only she possesses the ability to summon people from the other world.

Im pretty sure the manga said that the space teleporting power could only be used every 10 years.

Double-page supporter
@firefox1234
Nah it has something to do with the phases of the moon and is not fully set in stone (can't do it for another 30 years after second summoning of him I think it was said).
But my point was that she could claim any new invention brought over from the other world to be her own accomplishment (rather than the husband's) since it's only possible thanks to her powers and choice to use them.

@BzzBzz
That's a fair excuse I guess, should/could still have brought over some more basic knowledge along the lines of glass blowing, agricultural techniques, architectural knowledge etc.
Wouldn't have to bring anything high tech in order to improve society.

From a personal point of view, his reasoning is dumb but at least it would make it somewhat consistent with his actions.

Power Uploader
@Degernase First off he's supposed to enjoy an ideal sponger life, not a life where he has to use everything in his sleeves to make a better world (in fact that's what Aura would avoid at all cost, seeing if he ever overpowers her it'll defeat the whole purpose of the marriage where his ONLY role is to have her child inherits the royal power).

The one month IS necessary because he'd need that much time to set things up to enjoy his new life for an extended period of time (it's said that the generators would last him 10 years or so). It's not like he didn't think about bringing advanced stuff over (the management apps on his laptop and the marbles, glasses... helped), but in general they're all second-thought, since he's never supposed to focus on that matter.

TL,DR: MC is not meant to be OPed and rebuild the world he's summoned to, all of that are second-thought at best (otherwise his role'll cease to exist the moment he had a kid with Aura).

Dex-chan lover
And... LN translation is dropped. Well better dropped than infinite excuses I guess. IMO.

Dex-chan lover
K-K-Kawaii... 😍

V2SfmK4.jpg

Double-page supporter
Raws are up to ch.36 also admins should add a harem tag
since MC takes on concubines in the future.

Dex-chan lover
♥♥♥
fXw1K3c.jpg

Great job, Ayakura-sensei!
♥♥♥

@firefox1234 How about you do some research before you post some BS?
There's (still) no harem even in last volume of LN. Manga is currently around 8th volume.

Double-page supporter
@BzzBzz
In vol.10 it is very much heavily implied especially with Freya so i wont be surprised when it becomes official in the near future.
Still need to check out vol.13 but i wud be surprised if it doesnt happen.

Dex-chan lover
> Implied in v10...

It was clearly said somewhere in very early volumes that he will take concubines sooner or later because politics. But it doesn't matter until it happens :D

Even when concubine really happens if it doesn't have major impact there's no reason to tag it harem.

In many romcoms there's often exist some "evil mastermind" that tries to somehow hurt MC, but I can't remember single romcom tagged "drama" or "horror" just for this single reason.

Like was said in some threads about adding more tags - if you need every nuance tagged there's MU/NU at your service.

Actually, it is tagged "imperial harem" at NU. But not "harem". Because these are two very different things.

Users who are viewing this thread