Roujoteki Shoujo Hinata-chan - Vol. 1 Ch. 9 - The Promise-like Fireworks

My grandma is afraid of fireworks. So is my cousin. Like Sakuya said, it makes the world boom-y and everything shakes. They also can't stand thunder.

My grandmother was born before WW2, but she didn't live where there were any bombings. That also doesn't explain why my cousin, who was never near any explosions at all and is younger than me, is so deathly afraid of pretty lights that go BOOM in the sky.

Maybe it's just a phobia?

Group Leader
i don't think sakuya was even human if it doesn't know what cotton candy and fireworks are like.

Dex-chan lover
Knowledge of firearms doesn't equate to being a war vet and nor does fear of explosions. You can have either without military experience. FOR EXAMPLE, gun rights in America have always favored the average citizen so even a little boy/girl could go hunting with their dads back around that time with a simple shotgun.

So no, she doesn't have to be a Japanese person nor even a veteran. There were other countries involved with WWII.

Dex-chan lover
@Iamnormal While there is a problem with chikans on the trains and subways, Japan is still a remarkably safe country. Children go to school on their own, usually starting around age six. Letting them run around the festival on their own doesn't seem much of a stretch from that. The one thing that stood out to me was the vendor giving Sakuya the fireworks, though. Those are definitely dangerous and probably should go to a parent or guardian, not directly to the kid.

Dex-chan lover
Sakuya is a fucking war vet with ptsd, only way to explain the rifle skills and fear of fireworks

How about she's good at the shooting game at festivals because, wild fuckin' idea here, she's been to festivals before and had practice at the shooting game. As for fear of the loud noise from fireworks, some people are afraid of freakin' thunder. No other explanation indeed.

Sakuya was a cyborg superhuman machine made solely for war that why she is afraid of boom and shoot gun only way to explain this ! ! !

Users who are viewing this thread