Rouninsei to Eroiyatsu - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Group Leader
We're back! So yeah, there indeed was no chapter last month. Apparently this is because Jorori caught the coronavirus, since I didn't run across any indications that this was a scheduled break. (He's fine now.)

Chapter 8 notes:

pg 11: "Urya-hoi!" doesn't mean anything for the same reason "shoo-bee-doo" doesn't mean anything. It's just an idol chanting kind of thing. For an example, it happens about 8 seconds into Sign wa B from Oshi no Ko:

pg 14: I think every translation of "Ossan" as "Uncle" or "Old guy" or "Boomer" or whatever looks stupid, so I left it as Ossan. You may mentally replace it with your personal favorite non-existent English term for "generic anonymous older dude" as you like.

pg 17: Ten million yen is equivalent to 732,000 Norwegian kroner (or about $68,250)

pg 25: Before any threads start some oddball speculating, no, he didn't actually kill her, it's just kinky roleplay shit.

pg 28: No days until the exam countdown? Yep, this is our first multipart chapter!

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
a metaphor for passion/interests? fall too deep into your job / studying and you end up ruining your actual relationships for your relationship with your work/studies and end up losing that too since you lost the reason you were working for them in the first place, his family for the producer and his childhood friend for the mc. but probably not I doubt the manga would actually take it self that seriously tho I would hope so

you could even interpret the producer sleeping with her and missing going home as him sleeping with his job literally( like sleeping at the office as to not waste time while they are in a crunch and the like) and also a metaphor for how he is more in love with his job than he is with his home life quite literally having more passionate and romantic moments with it than with his family and his wife as seen by the intense scenes shown, until he finally kills his own passions from over work / burning out of productivity and never finding it again until he meets the MC

Last edited:
Group Leader
3 possibilities
Either she lost her fking mind after that BS
There is one more (twins or look alike)
She's acting for whatever reason

Given the theme so far. Highly likely it's the same person.

Here's the big problem with all 3 of those:

Why hasn't she aged at all in over 10 years? Dude had black hair and was still rocking a flip phone back when all this went down.

Also semi-related, I guess: if Ayako looks exactly like the thot and the thot looks exactly like LIZ, then why the hell didn't Osugi-P ever seem to notice LIZ looked like Ayako? Seems like a suspicious sort of omission to me (or just a big plot hole lol)

Dex-chan lover
See now I'm confused. Is she actually an alien?? Is she some spirit? Why did they mention that Liz was apparently murdered one second (which they never touched upon again), and then now her own producer only recognizes her as "Ayaka", some random prostitute he found on the streets??? This manga is a mind fuck.

Dex-chan lover
Now I'm confused, is she the chick from Acid-Pink that disappeared in chapter 3 or 4 (can't remember) or just someone identical to her

Dex-chan lover
Here's the big problem with all 3 of those:

Why hasn't she aged at all in over 10 years? Dude had black hair and was still rocking a flip phone back when all this went down.

Also semi-related, I guess: if Ayako looks exactly like the thot and the thot looks exactly like LIZ, then why the hell didn't Osugi-P ever seem to notice LIZ looked like Ayako? Seems like a suspicious sort of omission to me (or just a big plot hole lol)
Well, if she was still in her mid to late teens 10 years ago she'd only be 26-29. It's not that unreasonable that she would look very similar.

As for why Liz, Ayako, and the bane of our MC's existence all look alike, here's my best guess for the future explanations: Ayako and the MC's roommate are the same person or related. LIZ is an idol that the producer has created and brought up to look like the spitting image of Ayako as part of his obsession to see Ayako again.

Group Leader
Well, if she was still in her mid to late teens 10 years ago she'd only be 26-29. It's not that unreasonable that she would look very similar.

The counterpoint to this is that Jorori, being the borderline detail-obsessed madlad that he is, made both Tadano and Fujiyoshi noticeably younger-looking for that highschool flashback chapter, and that was only for three years' difference.

And 10 years is the bare minimum possible time it could have been between the 200X of the flashback and the 202X of the "now". Realistically, given that this manga started in 2022 and the flashback probably wasn't exactly at December 2009, it's more likely to have been closer to 15 years. So I don't think you can just handwave away that Jorori draws them the exact same way.

Besides, this producer guy is in a crazy-ass industry where the talent is officially old as fuck starting around like 26 years old, right? If anybody should be hypersensitive to small changes in appearance, it's him.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, despite his wife divorcing him and taking his kid, he's still focused on finding Ayako

So he straight up didn't love his wife and child, that's fucking wild
And that's another reason why I wouldn't help him even if he gave me all his cash. Dude lost sight of what's important.

Dex-chan lover
The counterpoint to this is that Jorori, being the borderline detail-obsessed madlad that he is, made both Tadano and Fujiyoshi noticeably younger-looking for that highschool flashback chapter, and that was only for three years' difference.

And 10 years is the bare minimum possible time it could have been between the 200X of the flashback and the 202X of the "now". Realistically, given that this manga started in 2022 and the flashback probably wasn't exactly at December 2009, it's more likely to have been closer to 15 years. So I don't think you can just handwave away that Jorori draws them the exact same way.

Besides, this producer guy is in a crazy-ass industry where the talent is officially old as fuck starting around like 26 years old, right? If anybody should be hypersensitive to small changes in appearance, it's him.
Fair points. Another alternative for why Ayako looks like the roommate is that Ayako is her older sister and she knows who the producer is because of that. I think that would explain everything, right?

I still think LIZ is just some idol he's made to look like Ayako from his memory.

Supporter
Imo i think this will pull a Tomie, where she isn't exactly a real person but more of a representation of a Sin

Supporter
Well, I hope that isn't the case. Seems like a poor way to write a story.
I find it more interesting than she's just being a girl that loses memory because she only bangs deranged dudes that choke her (because erotica mangas couldn't be more shallow)
Or that she's a triplet and this is actually a Negi Haruba Spin off

Users who are viewing this thread