Roxana - Vol. 1 Ch. 23

Dex-chan lover
@Manhwaaaa
She's not a heroine in the sense of good vs evil. She is more of an anti-hero. She is concerned about her own health and survival.
She knows this dude will lead to her and her family's death so she needs to get rid of him while also ensuring he doesn't become a threat to her continuing existence in her future.

So his allies got to die. Though with how this chapter ended, I figure she will be using them as bait to attract strong magical beasts for her butterflies to consume.

My guess is that she is going to fake a scene of the butterflies eating Cassis. She led the Pedelian people to a dangerous zone so when they die in a large number, she can fool her family that Cassis also dies among them. This way Cassis can escape and she won’t be harmed by her family. Probably lol.

Dex-chan lover
@annie3 Poison can spread through skin contact or inhaled. For it to be venom it need to be directly injected into the bloodstream. And butterflies do not bite because they do not have the necessary mouthparts.

So does this mean she's about to catch feelings for that dude? If so then 😏😏😏😏, but if not, then that's fine too. After all, she's an independent chick and doesn't need a man. The plot is interesting though, so thanks for translating this!!!

She's going to be so screwed if he ever finds out she lied to him, and led a ton of his people to doom.😬

I love reading all your theories and predictions here
Since my pea brain can't even comprehend some of the reasons behind her actions 🙃
Btw, the art is absolutely gorgeous 😍

My prediction:

I think she’s leading her father to believe that Cassis will be fed to the butterflies. Then she will do a bait and switch and help Cassis escape, while her family will believe that Cassis is eaten alive. She will also stage her own death. Both Roxana and Cassis will escape the manor.

Also, she’s probably leading the troops to a dangerous forest so they won’t be followed by the Agriche troops, but there is probably a safe haven for them to hide for a little bit while they wait for Cassis to arrive.

Roxana’s psycho older brother will probably figure all this out and will try to hunt down Roxana and Cassis as they escape to the forbidden forest.

Roxana will fall in love with Cassis, and psycho older brother will become obsessed with killing Cassis so he can see Roxana cry.

@Intrigbagarn Isn't she constantly touching them though? Like having them land on her finger and such? Doesn't seem like there's any contact-poisoning going on here.
Inhalation certainly doesn't appear to be an issue either.

And these butterflies don't adhere to normal butterfly biology anyway, they hatch from one giant egg in the hundreds and can apparantly devour the carcasses of huge animals in the span of a few hours. It's not unreasonable to assume that they can bite or sting. Though it's true that it was never stated how they deliver their poison/venom either, so who knows

@someunregpunk oh that makes sense! I keep forgetting that her goal is survival above all else and she’s willing to sacrifice people’s lives. Thank you so much╰(*´︶`*)╯♡

Users who are viewing this thread