Rubelia Okoku Monogatari - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - A Change in Daily Life

Dex-chan lover
ALOIS IS HANDSOME
though that younger cousin's such a dick

as a king too, I think he should have been dethroning the crown price right there instead of a latter date???? he was such a stupid son

Group Leader
Quite honestly, modern isn't always good... It's just, new. I'm sure in a few hundred years from now people will look back at us and think we are uneducated uncultured barbarians living in the backwoods. That's just how trends work. The same way very few people nowadays would looks at a giant feathered hat and go, oh, that's so fashionable I want to wear one.

Monarchies has their advantages. Top down systems are much more efficient when it comes to decision making. One word, or at most several words, can decide a country's fate. Noblesse oblige is also a thing. Plus having less people educated can also lead to less idiots around trying to grab for power. On the flip side, it's risky if people like this ex prince come into power. It also legalizes a degree of corruption. But then again, the same level of corruption exists nowadays and even if it's illegal not like anyone can do anything about it.

Pros and cons to everything.

Yes, the previous crown princes' sensibilities are very modern. His foolish refusal to look at reality is precisely the same. Equality is a false god in our current era as well. We still live in a world ruled by oligarchs who are aristocrats in all but name. We even have political families that are not depicted in the media as ruling dynasties. Not to mention the treatment of the high caste in the eyes of the law and in the minds of their subjects. Honestly any time that a "new" political idealism shapes a country, it is always just a reshuffling of power by those who sought to sit at the top themselves.

Following this manga as it seems that it will be more well reasoned, and therefore quite a departure from other stories depicting such a setting.

@reanseih
I Had to laugh at myself as I commented nearly the same sentiments as you did a few minutes after without knowing due to not refreshing the comments. Thank you for the mirth I am enjoying.

Okay. So i still havent read the full chapter. But bruuuuh... That captain... 😍 can i snatch captain luke away? 🤧

Dex-chan lover
lmao, i hope the upcoming chapters is on the same pace.. cuz I'll be dam if it's a slowburn

These are all going to be ML POV? Hope there will be moments of the FL. So far, sensible start. Not exciting, the unique twist hasn't happened, yet. But I already ship Al and El, solidifying the hulls ship would be their further chemistry.

Dex-chan lover
@yuzuyuzu Less modern than you think. At the end of the day, nobody proclaims the annulment of a marriage in a party. There's faux pax and then there's throwing any pretense of social reputation and due process out the window. The prince deciding to do that was a massive exploitation of his privilege as royalty, and reveals how he only views equality as a means to get what he wants. Tyrants abusing their authority can trace their history farther back than we've written down.

Dex-chan lover
@reanseih
Monarchy like any dictatorship means you can't change the dictator if he is bad and the pool of available leaders is nonexistent - it's just the monarch and his children. It is too dangerous and too prone to abuse for any advantage that it can offer. And people should be educated because a government should exist for their benefit, not to keep them as dumb cattle for its own benefit.

Finally a villainess comic where the king have some sense, from first chapter we can assume the baron daughter didn't get queen education like the villainess bc theres a change she would fck up the whole country or at least lost dignity against cp fans / ppl works with royals sinces she wouldn't know what happening in there. Announced break up in front of noble party is a selfish movement, cp can lose noble followers and end up losing his position in more embarassing way, not only that commoner whose work @ the party would see him as a playboy prince easily thrown girls around / cheater than a modern movement thing. If he want to break up he should spoke up private way

I forget to mention, if theres foreign noble it may be destroy the country reputation

Yes! I love this king, if your son didn't like the crown princess then you just change the crown prince. Politics come first!

Dex-chan lover
Looks like the prince transmigrated from modern times,they dropped him like a rock 😂 equality?! Absolutely not!

Aggregator gang
This is really good stuff , thank you for translating

here's a link to the novel raws https://ncode.syosetu.com/n2346fv/

The girl looks so pretty and squishy ❤

I love the ML's realistic thoughts. It seems like he really has the head to govern the country. He's right, nothing could ever be truly equal. There's always a gap of power. Maybe back then it was all about lineage, but now it's all about money and the gap of power is still extremely huge. And he was truly right, in a society with no clear structure, there would be chaos everywhere. Just look at the US with their mother liberty and high rate of violence.

Users who are viewing this thread