Run Away With Me, Girl - Vol. 2 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
i think i finally understand characters that slap the shit out of tragic hero/heroins until they finally show some emotion other than self-pity.

!!!!!

Edit:
Well, at least Midori realized she felt safe when she's with Maki,

I think experiencing been bullied by girls when growing up Is something everyone experiences in some way or another, that's not a fucking good reason to grow up to be a fucking incel shitty person

Dex-chan lover
@solutoh He's a misogynist, but he's not an incel by definition. He uses women for success, status and sex. Incels lack the social manipulation skills to do any of that.

Dex-chan lover
I'm feeling she went to Maki just to feel safe and stuff, you can see it from a goddman mile away that she'll go back to that fucktard.

Dex-chan lover
@Enaero yeah it was a cheap way to paint him as irredeemable, smacks a little of "men are the problem therefore lesbians".
His origin doesn't even make much sense, bullied kids tend to become the ones manipulated in later life because their bar for romance is so very low. That, and becoming too wary of others to form normal romantic relationships in the first place, which isn't as paradoxical as it might appear.
The trope of "suddenly figuring men/women out" applies to late bloomers that are otherwise well-adjusted, not neurotic victims of bullying.

Fed-Kun's army
@gronkle You're forgetting an important part - he wasn't just bullied, he grew up and became pretty damn handsome. He went from being undesirable to being very desirable, and that's enough for most people to turn into huge assholes. He never got over his feelings towards hating women, he just now gets to benefit from his looks and take advantage of them in between hating them. You see it a lot from people who were bullied and grew up to become the bullies instead, in a sort of "It's my turn now" way.

Dex-chan lover
@nikonekonya I'm aware of that trope, but I've never seen it in my life (except from women, but let's put that aside).
I've seen men become narcissists and smug as a result of becoming handsome, but not abusive bullies. They're a different kind of asshole, filled with undue self-confidence and attempted charisma to fill the cracks in their self esteem. Their relationships with women aren't hateful, but tend to be shallow as the women they attract. They don't prey on passive women, because they require external validation. They need women to reflect their sense of success and new exacting standards.
Abusers tend to prey on weak and passive women, women with low self esteem who can be manipulated into providing things. They tend to have been the bully, tend to have a large gap between their self image and imagined self, tend to be racked with insecurity and are abusive in their manner without even thinking.
The ones who have always been handsome are the ones most likely to behave like the husband here. They are the ones often with a sense of entitlement to women's bodies and labour. They might feel secure to cheat women and exploit them, because they can always get another.

Dex-chan lover
Like I said asshole!

Ps: Thank you so much for translating this manga 🙏

Dex-chan lover
Before this I was like fuck this guy, but now I'm like FUCK THIS GUY he just sucks and that's nobody's fault except his own how dare he hurt her, hope she's finally running away now

Dex-chan lover
@berryoragami
Before this I was like fuck this guy, but now I'm like FUCK THIS GUY he just sucks and that's nobody's fault

Isn't anyone's fault.
Contrary of what folks were saying here, that the mangá was bad because he was "cartoonish evil", he is just a flawed like any other character.

You know, they both can be happy together.
If he could just understand that Midori's smile isn't trying to hurt him, he could give what Midori so much wishes.
Maybe this is the end game, make they achieve happiness together.

The writing gets worse every chapter , the background story of the dude is so cliche , it feels like a filler to try explain his behavior a little but
its just so badly done I cant take this serious , even though you have to care. Just my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread