Run Away With Me, Girl - Vol. 4 Ch. 16

Double-page supporter
@Zoeko Midori and Momo(Maki) are still together and they've been raising Kon ever since. The girl with Kon is the closeted highschooler Momo was friends with whose island her and Midori ran away to. Kon's dad still gets to see Kon every now and then, so he probably has a decent relationship with Midori and Momo (or law stuff idk how Japan works)

Dex-chan lover
@Zoeko Maki and Momo are together, raising Kon (Momo's kid). Kon and Maki have a fight because Kon broke some rules (stayed out too late) and presumably went off on her for not being her real mom. Kon runs away (some parallels here) and takes a plane to come to that island to escape things (more parallels here) for a while, meeting up with that friend from the chapter where they come to this island.

Re: The father - yeah, it sounds like Kon does not know any of what transpired between her three parents. Sounds like Kon sees 'bio-dad' from time to time and has a high opinion of him because he's kind and gives her stuff. It's easy to put forward a good impression on a kid you have limited custody on if you make your visits into super special occasions for them, so this isn't really surprising. I would guess that Maki and Momo are relatively okay with this because they have primary custody and don't have any real need to ruin Kon's image of her dad.

Dex-chan lover
@Rankarana

I didn't want to tag you (Bother ya) for this but... I can't find the second series that you mention on the card. The one after Octane.

I don't know if it's just an in-joke and I'm here asking for no reason lol.

Also, I always love your scanlation group commentary cards. Just to let ya know we actually read them. Made me re-read SS the week before the release of the last chapter just because you recommended it. What a ride.

Aggregator gang
Thank you Sexy Akiba Detectives for working on and finishing this series. I actually read this but then I stopped halfway months ago. Today, I’m glad I went back again to read it. I stopped halfway feeling very apprehensive about these 2 But now I am feeling content. Good read.

I really truly loved this series. I don’t think any other manga I’ve read has evoked such strong emotions in me. So glad I got to read this

i'm so happy that they ended up happy, but god even in the ending this series made me tear up. what a ride. would have loved to see older maki and midori too, but i'm glad we got to see their kid at least!

Fed-Kun's army
Loved everything about this. The chapter itself, and the TL notes on the last page. Thank you, Rankarana, Martin, and rainsofmay!

I was a bit disoriented for the first few pages. The time skip did that, as did the release schedule of this chapter. But it worked out very well in this case... it felt like a proper epilogue, set more than a decade later.

Finally, how did Battan-sensei manage to make the sunset panels glow? They were nothing short of glorious! A perfect way to end the series.

Dex-chan lover
always appreciate a happy ending at all costs.

thank you for translating and bringing the entire series to us.

Kon looks like her mom without the fangs 😁
Ah hope one day society can accept family with 2 moms or 2 dads. 🙏

Dex-chan lover
Can anyone link me to the second series the translator is talking about ? The feelings which we ? I can't find it anywhere

Dex-chan lover
Not much to say. A short but well written story. Thank you for translating this.
Also fuck Midori's coworker

Group Leader
@Raknasuu https://mangadex.org/title/9848/watashi-sekai-o-kousei-suru-chiri-no-you-na-nani-ka this! a genuine recommendation kinda, but be warned it's quite divisive and controversial and also has some pretty... Intense themes (no rape or physical abuse, but definitely a lot of Questionable Morality And Consent) that some people find uncomfortable

Dex-chan lover
@rankarana

Oh hohooho- Thank you very much! There was no way I could find it myself for some reason.

Started reading Octave this afternoon. The fallen idol thing is a trope I'll never get tired of when used properly.

Also, I've been warned. I'll proceed cautiously. But after unpurposefully catching up with
Hagure Idol
there's nothing that can surprise me in the explicit nor the consent/morally questionable department anymore.

That doesn't give armor for the feels tho.

Users who are viewing this thread