Ruri Dragon - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Please don't tell me this is an ownership move. I couldn't read this even if I wanted to, and I do want to.

Dex-chan lover
Character change?
Quick example: Raw Ruri is meek, and withdrawn. Re-write Ruri is sarcastic, and "spunky". RawRuri dreads being the center of attention, so she keeps to herself. ReRuri made a calculated decision not to be the center of attention.

It's 12 chapters in, and it already makes a difference, since one of her classmates thinks she doesn't care about people. Raw Ruri is just not good with them. ReRuri could totally deal with them, she just chooses not to.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
To lazy to play with region of my phone, not in any of the countries supported by that bad app (from what people comment about how bad UI is in it). Did what someone said in comments here - gone to the group page and blocked. And my updates feed is now clean like it used to be before :).

Fed-Kun's army
Quick example: Raw Ruri is meek, and withdrawn. Re-write Ruri is sarcastic, and "spunky". RawRuri dreads being the center of attention, so she keeps to herself. ReRuri made a calculated decision not to be the center of attention.

It's 12 chapters in, and it already makes a difference, since one of her classmates thinks she doesn't care about people. Raw Ruri is just not good with them. ReRuri could totally deal with them, she just chooses not to.
Holy shit, I had no idea.
Been reading it on mangareader.to, guess they just rip the Viz re-write
Are there any scanlations to read?

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit, I had no idea.
Brother, it's current year. You should never trust anything "Localizers" put out unless you've double-checked it yourself.

In this very chapter, ReRuri sasses her mom after asking about the horns. Meanwhile mom looks like she hesitates for a bit before finishing her answer, like she doesn't know.

RawRuri asks mom what they are, mom looks at her for a moment before plainly telling her they're horns, and RawRuri acknowledges it plainly.

The joke is that mom is comically underreacting, not that she's stating the obvious. But you wouldn't fucking know that because the moron that got paid to do this decided he was actually a second writer.

Another thing you probably didn't know: There's no slang in this manga. Not that you'd know that reading this butchered shit. The way they talk, you'd think this is some dank, zoomer banter they've got going on. But all they're doing in the original is speaking casually, with contractions.

Are there any scanlations to read?
Since it's licensed, nobody wants to touch it. Otherwise I would personally have taken this project on and shown that loser how it's done. Wouldn't be the first time, and it won't be the last.

Power Uploader
Yeah, to be honest, the translation on mangaplus (=Shueisha=Viz) is a disaster. Ruri, all the characters, and even her mother or the teacher talk vulgarly, like they're from the hood or something and it changes the whole tone of the manga from a "coming of age" story for Ruri to a bunch of idiotic teens talking gangsta.

They totally ruined this manga in English.

Fed-Kun's army
Hm. Well, shit. Time to look for TLs in my native lang, since they're very less likely to be targeted and/or care.

Users who are viewing this thread