Ryoumin 0-nin Start no Henkyou Ryoushusama - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
FINALLY SOMEONE POINTS IT OUT.

Okay, so I'm very sick of shows and media being like "I want this person to be free so let's just buy all the slaves and free them!" That's not how economics work. Profit attracts firms as it indicates success in the business, and therefore, if a business or method is successful, it incentivizes more people to enter the market until zero economic profit is maintained and firms freely enter/leave at their own pace. In this case, because slavery is profitable, it creates incentives to capture more slaves to keep up with the demand, and either breed people in servitude or enslave more people by force. How do you solve this issue? Either change the incentives or regulate the process, such as making the cost to upkeep slaves not economically viable, strictly forbid slavery, or force standards upon slave holders that cost so much that having massive amounts of slaves is not viable.

Double-page supporter
someone call a frenchman, this frog needs to be eaten

Dex-chan lover
Talking about bad move other author use in regard to slave remind me to most no brainer WN called isekai Canceler, there hardly any WN i hate so much other than this one not only MC have moral ambiguity the way he act pretty much hypocritiz

After the shell splitting scene: Klaus "That's my Captain/Lord.", Aruna "That's my hubby." Guards "Maybe we should surrender? Just to be safe?"

Now I really want to see an isekai series having an extreme liberal anarchist as an MC, destroying a slavery guild just to see the whole slaves he/she liberated get vultured to dead in slums.

Dex-chan lover
Convenient "not slaves" twins just happen to pass by because of conveniently stupid custom (wich funny enough was used as a core of other fantasy manga) and "not bought" in.

Dex-chan lover
@asdfgh1111
@ColorlessBoy
Excuse me, I’m offended by the dialogue you two are having. Don’t you know that frogs are the chosen, and it isn’t their fault they’ve been expelled from over 100 countries. If anything, it’s those disgusting toads inhabiting their holy land that are to blame.

Most are happy that the MC is against slavery but I'm glad that this isn't another humanity bashing fantasy story. It least from what it looks like so far.

Dex-chan lover
I like how even when the author points out and talks about how bad slavery is, he's like "well we can't just NOT have a demihuman sold as merchandise, so let's make up a reason to include it anyway".

That horn is OP. You make great trades with that thing. "Is this a fair trade?" If the person lies the horn does it's thing.

jak

Contributor
So I heard that....

Aruna and Dias adopt them as their kids?

You know i really hope that the Dias and Aruna have their own children at some point. I have nothing against them adopting children, but i still think if they have their own kids it will make the story better.

@Salfaro hey maybe one day we will get it to be humans as slaves and demihumans as the rulers

or the far more unlikely thing of manga not having slaves at all but you know whatever

Dex-chan lover
Is no one going to mention the "clenching intensifies"?
c23.png

Double-page supporter
I get the feeling the merchant was made into a frogman just so he could have those reactions.

Users who are viewing this thread