Ryoumin 0-nin Start no Henkyou Ryoushusama - Vol. 4 Ch. 18

Double-page supporter
Since the "King's letter" is obviously fake, why can't they send a messenger to the capital to inform them about this, since impersonating the king is clearly high treason? Is there some further explanation that was cut?

Dex-chan lover
Does the Princess Diane die? She has committed far too many crimes and treats peoples' lives very lightly.

Dex-chan lover
@Terithian they can try to send word to the king but everyone knows about the internal strife right now, it might get intercepted. Plus even if it does arrive that will take time, which they don't have, as you saw they only had 5 days. But also normal citizens can't tell it's fake, so if they refuse, then before the king arrives Diane could turn the populace against him or other territories possibly.

Dex-chan lover
Francoise and Francis true MVP, the sudden romance is 10/10, can't believe how fun it is.
And now I hope that Eldan does something cool with his army (beyond simple "betraying") while Klaus and Dias go full DOOMGUY on Princess and her army.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
The shoujo faces in this chapter killed me, well done.

@Granitefish
Wouldn't the echo be worse inside an enclosed metal space?

@lionfromnorth

I read the raw (I dont understand jap btw). For what happen to her

Her army actually lost, and she run away. Waifu try to chase her but somehow there is a faction that look like kidnapped or rescue that princess. So she is not dead.

Dex-chan lover
@Terithian Aside from what @WillLi said, there's also a distinct risk of informing the king backfiring against Eldan. Trying to reveal that the letter is fake, which would amount to high treason and force the King to execute his daughter, the King could also side with his daughter and have Eldan executed for trying to plot against the royal family.
It's a question of how much he's willing to bend the rules to protect his children. You can probably imagine that the King wouldn't have a problem with saying that his child did not actually steal an apple, so there's no reason to chop off one of their hands... even though he knows that his child did steal an apple. Sometimes it's more important to protect the public image of the royal family.

So if the King were to decide that it's more beneficial for him if the letter weren't a fake, then Eldan would be in deep trouble for trying to proclaim that it's a fake.

@Terithian I'm just guessing here, but I believe that even if it came out that the order was a forgery, the time it'd take to absolutely verify it may be too long for the guy to do nothing, which would then risk him being labelled a traitor for not acting upon it. While it may seem stupid, there is a measure of reason ability to it, in times of emergency the King/Queen would need to be able to give orders holding their full authority even when they cannot go there in person, if you establish precedence that it's 100% okay to ignore those orders when you think they're forged then you basically open your country open to attack because now it comes down to a lawyer's game of how reasonable can you make your suspicion. While forgeries/thefts can erode the authority of the seal, you already have to prevent forgeries/theft of the seal separately, allowing traitors to hide behind the belief that an order is illegitimate in order to sabotage important emergency orders erodes the authority of the seal through a different means entirely. Basically, the seal becomes worthless if he wouldn't face punishment if word got out that he received the fake order but did nothing, thus the options presented were to go along with with as many token efforts as they could, or kill the Princess' group and try to cover up the existence of the fake order in the first place.

I will admit though, that if this is in fact the reason, that it should have been explained why they didn't have time to prove that it was fake, since the idea that it'd be impossible would be pretty unreasonable barring this specific set of circumstances creating it (a newly appointed lord claiming that a Princess who is a potential heir to the throne in this time when the various heirs are competing with one another getting into a legal argument with one another could potentially be an extreme case where either he wouldn't be able to convince anyone, or even if he did he'd put himself in extreme danger as the judges may decide to try to win favor with who might become the next queen).

Dex-chan lover
Too add- Eldan didn't inherit his title in a peaceful way. Whole kingdom thinks that he took it thanks to the civil war/revolt.

Dex-chan lover
Oh no, Dias is deflating!

Best part of the confession scene is everybody stumbling upon it, realizing what's happening, and trying (unsuccessfully) to keep everybody else from stumbling upon it too.

Users who are viewing this thread