Ryuu to Yuusha to Haitatsunin - Vol. 8 Ch. 52 - The Weapons, the Walls, and the Preparation for War

Dex-chan lover
So how strong is the hero's party exactly
our senpai is at level 40ish (although its hinted to be higher than that), and that is enough for him to be considered an elite and stronk af, the hero himself is level 53, if his party members are around that level too, and if his level assessment is accurate, then the party is pretty much a band of monsters themselves.

but iirc, the head granny wizard was thought to be at level 60+ ish or more by senpai when she blasted senpai back then (Ch. 42), so i wont be surprised if she could defeat the hero's party, or at least, a member of it.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Those 10 lvs different means she can be 10% stronger in stats. Plus given her class, I would say her INT/WIS/MAG is +3 or +5 per level so her firepower has to be 30% to 50% stronger. Also depend on how high the hero party's MAG RES/MAG DEF growth.
If it is not (100+lv)/100 rpg attribute type but more gacha type, 10 lvs different in late game (above 50) can be x1.5 or x2 firepower.

Dex-chan lover
I like how the conflict boils down to standardization vs exceptionalism. In every story, the exceptional always win over the faceless enemy because that's what stories are for.

However, at the end of the day most of us are normal people. Having people with power being essentially above the law and being unable to be controlled represents unmitigated risk- and the average person will suffer as they can do nothing but submit to the will of a super powered individual.

The story isnt afraid to depict both sides as immoral, but ultimately is following the trend of history as power becomes more and more dispersed among the masses.

Dex-chan lover
but ultimately is following the trend of history as power becomes more and more dispersed among the masses.
Do you have examples of this trend being a thing? I can't think of any, at least regarding warfare - there were no exceptionally good soldiers who could turn the tide of battle millennia ago just as there are no such thing now

Dex-chan lover
Did we ever see what the podesta looks like under the mask? TL constantly calls it a she and the peasants referring to her by kanojo seems oddly informal if that's how they know it's a she.

Group Leader
Did we ever see what the podesta looks like under the mask? TL constantly calls it a she and the peasants referring to her by kanojo seems oddly informal if that's how they know it's a she.
She's unmasked at the end of Volume 5, and I'm guessing those in the offices (or at least the higher ups) know her identity.
That being said, it's really hard to handle pronouns in translation because it's very easy to go without gendered pronouns in Japanese but not in English.
However, I think I've been careful enough to make sure she's only referred as "she" by those who would know her, like Mixyn (her new confidant), the merchant in Ch51 (who had enough connections to know the election results first), and Sigurd (high level office fighter & lieutenant of the mercenary group that put her in power)

Dex-chan lover
She's unmasked at the end of Volume 5, and I'm guessing those in the offices (or at least the higher ups) know her identity.
That being said, it's really hard to handle pronouns in translation because it's very easy to go without gendered pronouns in Japanese but not in English.
However, I think I've been careful enough to make sure she's only referred as "she" by those who would know her, like Mixyn (her new confidant), the merchant in Ch51 (who had enough connections to know the election results first), and Sigurd (high level office fighter & lieutenant of the mercenary group that put her in power)
I see. Thanks for clarifying. And apparently she mentions that granny wizard is the former hero so that's also an interesting detail I completely forgot.

Dex-chan lover
report_of_suspicious_persons.png

Dex-chan lover
speaking of twelvetide...damn, Shira Kammen's counting song was deleted from youtube.
Anyway, thank you for the translation. This manga has lots of text, sometimes very specific, not to mention all the puns, side joke, signs etc.

Dex-chan lover
I see. Thanks for clarifying. And apparently she mentions that granny wizard is the former hero so that's also an interesting detail I completely forgot.
Granny is not the former hero, that is a different individual. Granny isn't even the leader of the whole Organisation, just the Eight-eyed part. There are other 60+ members each leading a rather formidable group, one of them being the "illegal petting zoo" now seen here. At the end of ch 14, we get to see the headhonchoes, including the true leader of the organisation the former hero.

our senpai is at level 40ish (although its hinted to be higher than that), and that is enough for him to be considered an elite and stronk af, the hero himself is level 53, if his party members are around that level too, and if his level assessment is accurate, then the party is pretty much a band of monsters themselves.

but iirc, the head granny wizard was thought to be at level 60+ ish or more by senpai when she blasted senpai back then (Ch. 42), so i wont be surprised if she could defeat the hero's party, or at least, a member of it.
Those 10 lvs different means she can be 10% stronger in stats. Plus given her class, I would say her INT/WIS/MAG is +3 or +5 per level so her firepower has to be 30% to 50% stronger. Also depend on how high the hero party's MAG RES/MAG DEF growth.
If it is not (100+lv)/100 rpg attribute type but more gacha type, 10 lvs different in late game (above 50) can be x1.5 or x2 firepower.
Though luck for the city, granny is level 76.
Probably the only one who can match her is that eagle/griphon mage, whose level I think is still unrevealed.

Users who are viewing this thread