Ryuu to Yuusha to Haitatsunin - Vol. 9 Ch. 63 - The Decisive Battle IX

Dex-chan lover
What the Hell!!? Does it mean the podesta prepared a replacement so that's why the new one doesn't know about Mixyn?
So Yasmen sacrifice is for nothing?
And what the implication of Oswald helping them?
SO many question but still great chapter! Can't wait to see how this end

Podesta's death was gruesom though, guess her lst thought was about the Demon's King since the horns on the helmet reminded of him

Dex-chan lover
Fake Podesta looked cute under the mask. Shame. Sucks for Meus though; losing his waifu AND unknowingly failing his mission.
The way the new podesta was unsure of the one guard name leaves me to believe it was the “original podesta“ that died.
so this new one is either another demon taking on the role, clone or brainwashed individual (since they already been modifying people‘s mind)

Double-page supporter
I still want the magic faction to win, though I know it won't happen. At least from the comfortable position of a reader, the magic faction, prizing individual talent and self-governance, has something much more romantic than the ruthlessly egalitarian industrialization of the government faction.

Dex-chan lover
The way the new podesta was unsure of the one guard name leaves me to believe it was the “original podesta“ that died.
so this new one is either another demon taking on the role, clone or brainwashed individual (since they already been modifying people‘s mind)
consdiering this world it woudlnt be shocking at all if theres some like Clone doppleganger prepared at any moment
on th eohter hand also knowing what we seen of the Podesta im honestly shocked they would bite the bullet this easy.

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure the Podesta has clones prepares to take her place. Each one reads the notes of the previous one to take her place. So the "real" one died, but the new one is also "real". It makes sense given her philosophy; every person should be replaceable, so no one person can become uniquely powerful. It's kind of cheating because her replacement is herself, but she does follow her own ideology.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting, the replacement podesta seems to be a human based on the ear shape. We know they were running a brainwashing facility, is that one of the results… :thonk:

I also enjoyed the author putting the exact reference of when the characters met. Saved me the effort of looking for it. :meguu:

Dex-chan lover
On one hand, I'm sad about the Podesta dying, especially since she only misfired because the horns reminded her about the Demon King she adored (and I was on board with her main goals, even if some of the methods were questionable). On the other hand, Yasmeen was right about wizards becoming slaves if project Überbarell was allowed to continue, so I can at least hope that the new Podesta might be softer (I don't think that it is a clone or someone brainwashed into being her replacement, I think she tutored someone into taking over her position in advance).

Supporter
Pretty sure it's the real Podesta who died. The one appearing later is either brainwashed or trained to be her replacement. First thing she said is "Execeptionalism is sin" ie. even her existence itself is something she considered replaceable.

Dex-chan lover
I still want the magic faction to win, though I know it won't happen. At least from the comfortable position of a reader, the magic faction, prizing individual talent and self-governance, has something much more romantic than the ruthlessly egalitarian industrialization of the government faction.
I'm just hoping that the Podesta gets screwed over for all she was going to do against the kids and everything.
The city itself I don't mind, but fuck the demon and what she's trying to turn a society into.

Dex-chan lover
So... what about just reviving at a church, or does that not trigger with the spellmute effect going on? Well that wouldn't probably work for demons for that matter, but for the rest of the combatants it might.
Book of Transfer III
Yeah good catch, seems like the Podesta might have been doing this for a while. Starting to think that the original Masked Podesta (most likely never seen in the series) wasn't the Demon Pohtan podesta, but someone else and she just is "Book of Transfer II" and took over the position. Probably shared similiar ideas and worked together, but back during that podesta's reign, her position was more covert considering her being a demon.

Mixyn seems a bit miffed about this whole thing.

Nonetheless, seems like the Madam Eight Eyes is preparing for some kind of a ultimate spell. With 3 chapters remaining and the final one most likely being some epilogue to wrap things up post battle, I suppose the final two chapters will be quite intense.

Still shame we never got to see the full scope of the organisation, still missing the Orc-Knight (ghh kill me), we saw the petting zoo, but never got a close up of their leader, the glasses church is completely missing (would have been funny if they had clashed with the surcoat fetishists or something) not to mention the banished supposedly dead hero, the leader of them all.
Most likely, the author just got told to wrap things up sooner rather than later and just wrote them off and concentrated the focus on Eight Eyes. Or alternatively, Rumiko/Toriyama'd them.:aquadrink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread