Ryuu to Yuusha to Haitatsunin

I would never have guessed that you could make an entertaining manga about regulatory compliance in a fantasy setting! I'm sharing it with all my FDA-contractor friends!

Ugh, objectively this is really good. Subjectively I can't enjoy it at all. I hate bureaucracy and I hate when fantasy gets destroyed by the chains of modern society. Knowing that people can revive I'd probably have snapped and murdered that forest warden. 9/10, unfortunately could not enjoy.

Group Leader
@SnowingSilently
>I hate bureaucracy and I hate when fantasy gets destroyed by the chains of modern society.

Turns out there's a faction that appears around Vol2 that agrees with you.

Really great. Although I see that some people here consider that this setting "destroys" the Fantasy, in my case I find that it is amazingly well thought. It is so rare to have under the eyes a read that really pushes the reflexion about how is supposed to work a fantasy world while creating tons of jokes about the unstable and unreliant rules structuring it, all in all with a light tone. I really do find this fresh and funny. It is a breath after so many fantasy scenarios where obviously nothing would have been able to function without the holy power of the scenario (crazy abusive nobles, early feudal hierarchies and worlds with architecture and social organizations from the "Grand Siècle", late Old Regime uniforms with swords, and other aesthetic thingies that -in my case again- just destroy my suspension of disbelief, etc.).Not gonna say that everything should be similar to this. But It's pleasant, sometimes to read a manga where the author tries in his funny way to explain how is supposed to just work.
If you share the same mindset, you will probably like it.

Aggregator gang
Love this manga.
My one big problem though is the guy, senpai. If the author really wants to have a romantic relationship between him and Yoshida, then I wish they had gone in a different direction with his character. Portraying him as 'doing only the basics' would have been acceptable, and his lax attitude could have made Yoshida see the benefits of taking a break every now and then.
Instead he's just some asshole who pushes all of his work onto her and has really no redeeming qualities.

Luckily that's just a small part of the manga. Everything else is great.

Double-page supporter
In theory, there should be a release today, NotoSoloScans are actually crazy consistent with its UNOFFICIAL one chapter for every 14 days release, appreciate their hard work.

Funny and creative, the law bois are also carrying this series because they're fucking awesome

G-P

Dex-chan lover
I read two chapters of this, but I can't get into it. First is the large amount of text, especially in the various tidbits at the end of chapters. If I wanted to read a book, then I would do so. And second is the excruciating focus on bureaucracy and rules, making this whole thing a slog. This is comic sits on the opposite end of the fantasy spectrum in manga, where most of it is overpowered, harem shenanigans slop for the masses. I can appreciate this comic in the way that it's trying something different, but I'm no stamp collector.

Double-page supporter
I don't understand how people can read slice of life and not be bored to death.

Unironically one of the best fantasy manga’s around. The author is amazing at world building and making an actual functioning fantasy work on how things operate to how monster bodies are used.

So many fantasy mangas are like ‘lol everyone one has ‘inventory space’ like it’s a game cus fantasy worlds always seem to follow mmo rpg rules. Seeing the opposite here is a breath of fresh air.

Dex-chan lover
Just saw that it ended today... Scans still have volume 8 and 9 to catch up on, so fortunately we don't have to say goodbye quite yet.

Group Leader
After 7 years, the series (the raws) is finally over...
It's been something I look forward to every month, and I was satisfied with the finale. (Won't say more than that, 'cause spoilers!)
Hoping readers here will stick around for two more volumes of translation!

Users who are viewing this thread