Sachiiro no One Room

This is one of those mangas that can tear me apart in bits and pieces without me even putting up any resistance

@Alto31 Mc being in prison for pedo charges.
I wish more underage girls would be willing to stay with the kidnappers forever. Would make life much easier.
It's a joke

@Alto31

It's hard to say since this is an adaption of something (I forget if it was a novel, radio drama, ect, I just know it wasn't a light novel) and someone mentioned on a different site that they've taken quite a few liberties with the plot and progression.

But supposedly in another adaption
she eventually breaks free from her family completely and does leave her kidnapper. The final chapter/Epilogue was set at her wedding and the kidnapper being happy she finally managed to get out of everything. I dont remember exactly what happened to the kidnapper, but I believe it was kept intentionally vague. He wasn't imprisoned though, but I believe the mother and father were.

@villko05 at worst he'll get kidnapping and endangering a minor. Nothing romantic or sexual has happened between him or the female MC and the series has made it pretty clear he doesn't actually feel romantic or sexual feelings towards her.

@Elinorcross
An adult has a room with walls full of 14 year old girl photos.
An adult stalk the child.
An adult kidnaps that child.

Author could made male MC as a victim of child abuse in the past, well... and a creep. At least that way story would have made him to kidnap the child for the purpose of protecting her from abusive family+psyhological problems why would he kidnap a 14 yo in the first place and have less pedo vibe.

Right now it just feels like pedo in denial with kid photos plastered all over the place who he can't help but stalk day/night. The manga tries so hard to paint the kidnapper as a some kind of hero who's in fact just gromming a young child because the sole reason for kidnaping a 14 ear old was some kind of sick obbession with the child and nothing more. Can't help, but see him as creep drooling over the child. What's his reasons for stalking, obsesing over the child and eventually kidnapping her?? Does it even properly explained or left as vague as in introduction chapters?

@villko05

From an actual, lawful standpoint it can be said with 100% certainty that he wont get a pedophile charge without conclusive evidence which doesnt exist and you overuse of the label tells me you cant differentiate Stalker with Pedo.

So let's go through the actual charges he would likely be facing:

1. Stalking: Sad to say it, but even in Japan it isn't illegal to take pictures of people when they are in public and stalkers use this loophole all the time. However, his pictures can be used as evidence against a stalking charge due to the quantity of them being just her face or full body images. Which brings me to why they wouldn't be used in a pedophile charge: looking through them, none of his pictures were taken in a sexualized manner or of purely erogenous areas of her body (just her chest/butt/thighs) so trying to label them as use for CP would be to much of a stretch. He and the Female MC both admit he stalked her, however, so that charge is a given.

2. Child endangerment: They are running from the police, so this is a given, but he also let's her keep/have access to knives while knowing she is a potential danger to both herself and him.

3. Kidnapping. This doesn't need an explanation.

The fact you keep calling him a pedophile and keep saying this is part of the theme of the manga does show you havent read more than a few chapters however.

the later chapters confront
Pretty much everything you've said already in pretty heavy detail. It has been made abundantly clear that the female MC has no romantic feelings towards her stalker and is just using it as an excuse to get away from her abusive parents. Her insistence on the marriage and suicide pact aspect was clearly defined on her misreading his intentions and is why it was dropped once she realized he didn't have romantic or sexualized feelings for her either and why she is having a mental crisis now that she has been given a better offer by someone who can actually deliver on their promise.
The male MC actually has a few chapters dedicated to outright saying the reason for his stalking was because he saw his younger self in her, saw she was being abused, and loathed her for it. It outright admits he had thoughts about killing her at one point but panicked when he saw her try to commit suicide and instead offered to kidnap her instead.

As for the generalized theme of the manga it is pretty clear you didn't get that either. It is entirely based around the darker aspects of Japanese society, how they view child abuse, and how they view mental health. How easy it is for a parent to get away with abusing their child over things like grades and social standing, how easily classmates can turn on you for minor things, and how easily society over looks it because to admit it would be considered shameful.

The only actual pedophile currently in the series was the teacher that got arrested earlier in the manga.

@Elinorcross
Yes. I read a couple of first chapters. Not interested, looks like bellow average manga.
And the MC is presented as a creep. It needs better writing and plot to make this theme legit worth reading.

@villko05

Then why would you double down on an untrue assessment when someone points out it is wrong? The manga goes to great lengths to show the psychological trauma of all characters involved and does prove everything you've said wrong.

If you don't like it then move on, but don't post things that are blatantly untrue in an attempt to get a manga taken down. You didnt like it and had no reason to make blatantly untrue statements about the manga and I genuinely cant fathom why you would do so.

@Elinorcross
That was a comment after reading the first 10 chapters. The plot is dumb, that's it.
No one is taking down this manga, this site hosts actual loli hentai you know.
MC is still a creep.

An adult has a room with walls full of 14 year old girl photos.
An adult stalk the child.
An adult kidnaps that child.

All 3 statements are still true. IF he's not a creep or pedo in denial when I don't know how to call an adult man who stalks young children and kidnaps them.
It is stated that he kidnaped her for reason - he's obsessed with her. He didn't know she was abused. All he knew, he's obsessed with a child and wants to have her/kidnap her.
Whatever twists and turns manga takes after the first chapters, these statements stand true.

I mean, do you plaster all your walls with young girl photos and you mind is solery focused on that child day after day? If you do, I wonder what's the reason and what people closest to you would think of such behavior. Why target a young girl? Stalk her?? And kidnap her IN THE FIRST PLACE?
All I say, the premise is dumb and unbelievable.
His actions speak for themselves.

Go drink your soy milk now.

@villko05

I literally just told you later chapters revealed that he was aware there was abuse of some kind and his stalker antics come from a different source but I see you don't care to hear anything beyond your own echo chamber opinions.

The manga is a slow burn psychological series about the effects of abuse and the darker parts of japanese society. If you dont like it and dont want to put in the time to get to the better parts then that's on you. Your opinion isnt fact despite the fact you keep treating it as such many people find the plot compelling, the characters believable in their own way (many can relate to the female MC as more things are revealed in later chapters), and many of the twists and turns to be genuinely surprising or thought provoking in their own right.

You'd know all about Loli Hentai wouldn't you?

@Elinorcross
Ok champ. You're taking this way too seriously. As I told you, I read a few first chapters, didn't like the manga, and commented on what I read. The plot is stupid, mc is a creep. Writing is nothing special or engaging. You're trying to prove something when I don't care. I did mention my first comment was a joke.

And I just stated that at the first chapters manga portrays male mc as total creep which is true.
I don't care what they make out of him in the later chapters as I stated several times now, I commented on first chapters.
What's so difficult to understand?

@villko05

Honestly? I didnt even realize I'd interacted with you before, don't think so highly of yourself. Congrats, you've commented untrue, irrelevant bullshit on two different manga I like.

If you genuinely don't care, maybe you shouldn't comment. You dont have to like the manga, I just dont like that you are making untrue accusations of something you havent actually read and then start personally attacking me for telling you as such.

People aren't going to take this stuff as jokes when it's only for shock value and is irrelevant to the topic.

My first post literally says
"It's a joke".

And yes. I commented on the chapter.
Someone takes a dump, I comment "oh, nice brown dump".

The manga shows that mc is a potential predator.
"Oh, he's a pedo".

There was no deeper meaning in my comment.

It just you who's trying to have some kind of philosophical discussion in some dumb manga comment section lol. Calm down, man. Take a dump or something to relieve your stress. Have a good sunny day, mr fellow weebo.

Dex-chan lover
@villko05
If you read a "few" chapters and start shitting on it before seeing the development, its a pretty stupid argument to state in a comment section with the little knowledge you have of the story and characters :/

Idk about the comment section here but
I find this interesting, the way the room was setup for each character to grow and discover new things.
Art is good too, I didn’t notice that this was shounen since ML is an ikemen like that from shoujo.
Looking forward to their growth and to Oniisan’s face >u<
Thanks for translating this!

Users who are viewing this thread