Saeki-san wa Nemutteru - Vol. 5 Ch. 49 - Saeki-san Is Asleep

Dex-chan lover
He made it 49 chapters but still didnt have the balls to do anything

Dex-chan lover
kinda sad they never become an item by the end of it, but I imagine they will be for sure in the near future cause they clearly like each other and spend so much time together and thinking of each other :p

Dex-chan lover
I'm so angry for the ending that i will use an old meme for express my anger
1234931504682.jpg

oh geez...

i think it was page 9 where this weird idea popped into my head: "somehow this feels like an open-ended final chapter"
and that notion got far stronger on page 14 :/

one of the few time my intuition is right and its a big negative :(

Edit: also, normally i do like more resolution, but ultimately this was a story about middle-schoolers, so i really dont think the ending is out of place. this isnt some fantasy land where girls get married at 15, so im not sold on the idea of forcing them together just for resolution here.

Dex-chan lover
Imouto's "WTF ARE YOU THINKING" pose is great

And with that, a very apropos send off for this series:

REST IN PEACE

@sleepyfoxscanlations Thank you for all of your work! I really love the notes you add at the end as they contextualize the translation decisions, provide relatable sentiments, and form a self-contained narrative of their own in a way. I really just wanna thank you for the solid work you do, and you seem like a really nice person!

Dex-chan lover
Huh, final chapter? So this manga was axed? And here I thought it would finally get the thumb out of its arse and progress the romance...
Also lol, imouto suddenly just teleported out of the chapter with none-the-wiser.

Thanks for translating the series!!

Damn it I wanted them to be together but you know what this is fine too.

What a good manga.

Users who are viewing this thread