Saeki-san wa Nemutteru - Vol. 5 Ch. 49 - Saeki-san Is Asleep

Wow that was a ride but such a fluffy one!
Thank you so much for translating until the end and good continuation ! Stay safe

Thanks for the ride. This serie was abandoned for quite a while before your swooping in and save it. Highly appreciated!

Dex-chan lover
How it ended aside, thanks for letting us witness it to the end.

Dex-chan lover
I actually thought the ending was perfect. This manga has always been about fluff and sleepy comedy. Of course, romance was part of it too, because of how Tokimiya-kun felt about Saeki-san, but it was never the true 'soul' of this manga. To suddenly give it a full on romantic ending would be a disservice to it. The reveal that Saeki-san also has feeling's towards Tokimiya but doesn't understand them as such is good enough to close out on.
Anyway, that's just my two cents.

And thank you @sleepyfoxscanlations for the quality translations during these 7 months!

Well thankfully this isn't the end. The end is up to 72 plus chapters. So there's still around 20 plus to go

Double-page supporter
started fluffy, ended fluffy.

although i would've appreciated a more concrete resolution to their romantic adventures in sleep, ending on this kind of note isn't so bad. i've seen too many manga do a confession scene just for the last panel to be a shot of the sky. i get it, but come on. we pretty much know they already like each other and maybe i've let Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu spoil me with how intimate middle schoolers get, but i do like being able to read a slow burn romance and not have to check over my shoulder to see if someone is looking at the screen.

with all that being said, thank you so much for doing this series. it has been an absolute gem and even though i would've loved to see this continue, i've appreciated each and every one of your chapters as well as the credit pages.

thank you.

I'm sad it's already over but this was really great so thank you!

Dex-chan lover
Seriously, thanks for the scanlation. I've never been so looking forward to next chapters other than One Piece and Go-Toubun.

Group Leader
Once again, thanks for reading Saeki-san everyone, and for sharing your various perspectives.

@Simkin I agree 100%, though I also got a bit blinded by the romance. I can definitely still sympathize with those disappointed by the lack of a more concrete resolution to the romance, but your conclusion is the very same that I reached after taking a moment to consider the ending. Thanks right back at ya for enjoying the series!

@GreyKnight93 The numbering of the online version differs from that of the volumes. 49 is the final regular chapter, so yes, it is the end. That said, there are 11 bonus chapters (mostly pretty short) that I will be working on releasing soon.

Dex-chan lover
Imouto-chan is all of us. Still, what a way to end the fluff. Imma need more fluff soon hahaha. Thanks, @sleepyfoxscanlations. :)

PS. I found a piece of dialogue that needed correction.

Page 4, Panel 2 - Don't worry, if I speed walk then I can make it with plenty of time to spare

Dex-chan lover
Damn, I can't believe it's over. I loved this series to death. I'm sad it wasn't a little more conclusive, but you have admit its a perfect ending to the series. Besides, at the rate they've been going, they'll be dating before long. Thanks so much for the translations!

Group Leader
@waldo220 I believe the original line is correct. It's quite close to the Japanese dialogue: 「大丈夫だよ 早歩きで行けば余裕ある時間に到着するから」(Daijoubu da yo, hayaaruki de ikeba yoyuu aru jikan ni touchaku suru kara). Hayaaruki de ikeba = If I (go by) speed walk(ing), touchaku suru kara = I (will/do) arrive; potential form isn't used, so "can" isn't appropriate here. It might have been more clear if I had written it as "when I speed walk I make it with plenty of time to spare", since "when" is also an appropriate translation of the conditional -ba form in this context. Still, I think it works fine with the "if". It's been a while since I took a formal (or any) Japanese lesson though, so maybe I've misremembered something and my language skills have deteriorated? Or of course I could be missing something in English-- like many native speakers, I've never really analyzed it properly.

Feel free to correct me again if I have indeed forgotten the proper rules! And I do appreciate any corrections, so please don't hesitate to offer more in the future. And of course, thanks so much for being a regular reader (edit: i.e. I'm pretty sure you've commented before, but maybe I'm wrong)!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for all the work on this great series! I think the ending was pretty fitting as well.

Dex-chan lover
@sleepyfoxscanlations
1.) Not sure if I've commented before, but I am definitely a regular reader. I watch 2 other series you scanlate, Fukami-kun and the one about secret work relationships. Good fluff. <3
2.) I'm coming from the side of English grammar and not Jap-Eng translation (it's why I'm only a PR and not a TL lol). Certainly, if you think "can" is inappropriate because she wasn't talking about potential, then that makes perfect sense. However, "I make it" here is grammatically incorrect. If it's less a question of potential and more a matter of fact, then perhaps "Don't worry, If I speed walk then I'll make it with plenty of time to spare" Not sure how it works as a translated line, but it works as from an English Grammar point of view at least. I simply suggested "can" because, from experience, it seemed like the most appropriate change to make without knowing anything about the raws.

Let me know if you have a new series in your post-chapter page! Always looking for fluff. Thanks as always! :)

Users who are viewing this thread