Saigo ni Hitotsu Dake Onegai Shite mo Yoroshii Deshou ka

@me474 it's simple really, stupid arrogant prince and corrupt noble looking forward to a puppet king. Luckily, he is the second prince and the first prince is way too competent albeit being an asshole.

Dex-chan lover
Just like how it's a bad sign when songs start right with the chorus,
It's a shit practice to title-drop on the first chapter. This feels more like a oneshot rather than a series.

But whatever, it'll probably be fun for a few chapters.

my 2 cents "mad dog" vs "berserker" there is subtle differences in meaning

berserker def (fromhttps://www.dictionary.com/browse/berserker)
adjective
violently or destructively frenzied; wild; crazed; deranged:
He suddenly went berserk.
noun
(sometimes initial capital letter) Scandinavian Legend. Also ber·serk·er. an ancient Norse warrior who fought with frenzied rage in battle, possibly induced by eating hallucinogenic mushrooms.

Mad Dog def- Mad dog is slang term used to describe someone as "wild and crazy." It is often used as a nickname or to describe a kind of mean stare. (from https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/mad-dog/)

as see beserker is more of uncontrolled fury fighting without reason or focus, indiscriminate pain distribution.
while mad dog is just wild and crazy, still thinking and choosing targets with unrestrained anger.

as said the difference is subtle but by that gorgeous Lady's actions she no seems like beserk, just ruthless.

i was worried for a moment where this was going since the set up which i feel like lately is the latest fad - main heroine is engaged to a nobleman and gets engagement annulled since she was accused of some BS by the nobleman's lover - was just overly cliche, but i really loved where they ended up. only one chapter so far, so i'd be great if the author goes down the line on going against common shoujo tropes

@inKraken I don't know where you got that "berserk" thing from but her nickname in the original version is litterally ”Rabid dog princess" or "Mad Dog Princess" depending or how you choose to cut the word, and while that "mad" in Japanese could sometimes mean "wild", it would need more context. Without such context, it just means to lose one's mind, to go crazy/insane.

Also, berserkers were in more than one occurence compared to crazed dogs/hounds/wolves in the ancient nordic litterature so it would still stick to the author's intended meaning while being more localized (and let the hypothetical translator avoid using "rabid" which might not convey the intended meaning well in english)

So "Mad dog" is the more litteral translation, "berserker" would be a clever and totally acceptable localization, and both terms are equivalent. I just can't see the (meaningful) difference between the two here.

I spent way too much time writing something no one will read just to say that if debate there is, there shouldn't.

@Coleron the berserk comes from tons of people suggesting it as an alternative to mad dog in the chapter comments.

i guess there is a difference to me is because i played D&D where the barbarian "rage" is basically berserk where you cant even talk coherently let alone make any kind of rational decision. where mad dog at least in my mind originally did not. but i will not argue cause i see what you mean if use rabid that does equal berserk. lets stick with the literal translation that can not be misunderstood. the "difference" could be all in my mind

OMG! That took me by surprise! I didn't think from the summary that she would be the one to actually send them flying! AND HER EYES! SO COOL I LOVE IT.

Users who are viewing this thread