Saihate ni Madou - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Fed-Kun's army
They don't just let you kill yourself in prison.
Dude come on.
They dont actively take steps to prevent you from doing it unless you've shown that you're a threat to yourself.
There's a reason epstein was in a special SUICIDE PREVENTION cell.

Dex-chan lover
She was a toddler. With how this story had been going, I think it's unreasonable she's involved with anything to do with Yuri before her suicide.

Being a victim of the father is likely, but besides the inciting incident there's no evidence pointing to it. It feels more like she feels some sort of responsibility, or at the very least respect for the family through the mother given she's a volunteer at the orphanage and plans to adopt her.
I agree with you. she can do research in that seven years. at least she might be curious about the truth. But we don't really know her circumstances. A toddler supposed to be easily influenced by her surroundings. And yeah she feels being responsible maybe come from his mother that actually nurtured her childhood in the orphanage

Dex-chan lover
This feels over dramatic. If he really wanted to off himself out of whatever vague regrets he has he should've done it in prison.
7 years is a long ass time to not have accepted and gotten over something of this nature. At the very least he should've come to terms with his failure.
I also don't exactly get what his trauma is. He acts as if he feels bad about the murder revenge and the affects it had on the dudes daughter. The literal first thing he does is try to foist his suicide wishes on to her, completely ignoring how killing her dad ruined him.
His issues over his sister are squarely focused on himself and not what she went through.
How HE failed, how HE couldn't save her, how HE didn't come and get her, how HE brought shame on his family.
At no point is he really showing empathy or sorrow over what happened to HER, just that HE failed to live up to being a big brother.
There isn't remorse here. He's not concerned with his mother, the dudes daughter, or how his potential death will affect his mother.
This is what someone writes when they don't have actual experience with trauma and guilt.
Yeah. It doesn't make sense. Seven years is long time. If he really want to have suicide, there is a lot of things he can do even when the jail prevent him. The story started when he is just released and then suddenly have ptsd is so unrealistic. If it was the mother that actually want to do suicide would be more realistic because she would be accumulating self-blame because her neighbourhood is a bad environment. The man should be already went a process of rehabilitation check in jail before he was released. Unless Japan's government (in the story) was neglected that jail

Dex-chan lover
Yeah. It doesn't make sense. Seven years is long time. If he really want to have suicide, there is a lot of things he can do even when the jail prevent him. The story started when he is just released and then suddenly have ptsd is so unrealistic. If it was the mother that actually want to do suicide would be more realistic because she would be accumulating self-blame because her neighbourhood is a bad environment. The man should be already went a process of rehabilitation check in jail before he was released. Unless Japan's government (in the story) was neglected that jail
In chapter 1, one of the first things he said after release is "With this, I can finally die."
I think the reason he didn't attempt to do it while in prison is that he thought he had to endure the full sentence to pay for his sins to society. The trauma has always been there; it's just that he tried to rationalize that as his atonement.

Fed-Kun's army
In chapter 1, one of the first things he said after release is "With this, I can finally die."
I think the reason he didn't attempt to do it while in prison is that he thought he had to endure the full sentence to pay for his sins to society. The trauma has always been there; it's just that he tried to rationalize that as his atonement.
Trauma isn't a magic catch all. People adapt to and are affected by it in specific ways.
He's behaving as if he did this yesterday, not as if he's had to live with it for 7 years.
We'd all be mentally insane and incapable of functioning if trauma stuck around in this manner. At some point you brain gets tired of it and adjusts, because it's main function is keeping you alive.
I don't doubt that he has trauma, but this isn't how he'd express it after so long.

Dex-chan lover
nah. Still not happening. It's 7 years. 6 months of doing nothing but in the jail would change people. Except he have jailmates that blame him everyday. There is little chance to people who endured 7 years with mindset 'to pay for his sins with enduring jail sentence' to not getting healed by time. Only a jail sentence repeater who would be unfazed with jail situation.

Aggregator gang
Having read stuff from this author , my first thought was that she's getting close to the family for revenge, but I'm hopeful that this is just a wholesome story of two broken people becoming each other's support..

Dex-chan lover
Dude come on.
They dont actively take steps to prevent you from doing it unless you've shown that you're a threat to yourself.
There's a reason epstein was in a special SUICIDE PREVENTION cell.
Yeah, they don't actively stop you from killing yourself if they have no reason to believe you're going to try to kill yourself.

But they have to keep an eye on you at any rate, and once they realize you tried to kill yourself, they'll be on alert.

Dex-chan lover
Having read stuff from this author , my first thought was that she's getting close to the family for revenge, but I'm hopeful that this is just a wholesome story of two broken people becoming each other's support..
Are you saying that you're just coming off reading other manga that shaped your initial impressions of this one?

Because this manga is its mangaka's first serialized work.

Dex-chan lover
Also, if I was his therapist, I'm gonna encourage her to be happy for being Hero of Justice. Killing a bad criminal is heroic things to be proud of
Edit: Never mind. You must have meant "encourage him...". Not that I'd agree with that either.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
I think the mother also need some help. She is still coping for the death of her daughter and unintentionally torturing his son by adopting Shiika.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, they don't actively stop you from killing yourself if they have no reason to believe you're going to try to kill yourself.

But they have to keep an eye on you at any rate, and once they realize you tried to kill yourself, they'll be on alert.
Which was my point. If he wanted to he could have. He didn't.
We don't have an indication he tried and failed.. So they wouldn't have been watching him to prevent him from doing so.
All kinds of stuff happens in prisons, including smuggling and drug use. The idea that "they watch you" doesn't disprove the ability of him to do so.

Last edited:
I feel like Shiika doesn't really know, probably her memory of her dad dying got blocked that's why she's acting innocently. I mean, I don't think it's believable how relaxed she is. The story will probably progress to her remembering those memories and I wonder how she'll react then.

Huh, actually pretty nice. Normally, I'm not into this 'oh noo it's my fault' but I understand why MC is practically ridden with guilt and the really angsty narration. His sister's last words is practically 'this is your fault (you should have picked me up)' then with being shunned by the community... Like, that's rough mate

Users who are viewing this thread