Saihate no Paladin - Ch. 62.2

Dex-chan lover
... Oh damn. The dragon has DONE FUCKED UP. The mountain home is FILLED with genrations of past Dwarven warriors ready for the god of undeath to bring back.

...and they just woke up ready to slay invaders of the mountain home and drink mead.

And brothers...

I don't see any mead to be drunk here.

LETS FUCKINNNN GOOOOO :meguupog::meguupog::meguupog:

Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
This is easily the best work of fantasy on mangadex.

I think I've said this before, but it really captures a rare sort of feeling, or at least rare in modern fiction. A legendary feeling, a feeling normally relegated to epics, like The Iliad, The Odyssey, or Beowulf. A hero shining in battle, rising up against insurmountable odds, wrestling with difficult emotions even as he wrestles with the enemy. And the scale of it is a grand spectacle as well.

I'm not going to say it's as good as the classics. But it definitely captures a similar vibe. And that's worthy of respect.

Fed-Kun's army
Damn, these latest chapters confirm it for me, this is way cooler than how it was shown in the anime. The fight feels more drawn out and there's just way more going on. Not to mention the dragon looks so much more unique and evil, compared to the very generic appearance they gave it in the anime. I guess they had to keep the length of the episodes reasonable, so the fight in the anime just had a few quick exchanges of blows before it got to each major turning point with the intervention of the gods. It didn't feel as well earned as it does in this these chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the releases.

This manga handles scale SO well. I don't think I've ever seen a fight with a dragon visualized (so ignoring novels) to be this epic.

I maintain that this series should be way more popular than it is. Give it a Witcher level video game from the people making Dragon's Dogma 2, give it a lord of the rings level fantasy trilogy, and I haven't watched the anime yet, but if it doesn't have literally the best animation ever then make it better.

This actually reminds me of the Legends of Vox Machina in that it just feels like an epic D&D campaign.

Dex-chan lover
It's incredible how well this fight encompasses what a dragon should be like. Not a simple brute lizard with fire, but a brilliant ancient fiend unmatched in both physical and magical might, only hindered by a cruel mind more concerned with seeing the spirit of its enemies crushed than simply defeating them

Thanks for the releases.

This manga handles scale SO well. I don't think I've ever seen a fight with a dragon visualized (so ignoring novels) to be this epic.

I maintain that this series should be way more popular than it is. Give it a Witcher level video game from the people making Dragon's Dogma 2, give it a lord of the rings level fantasy trilogy, and I haven't watched the anime yet, but if it doesn't have literally the best animation ever then make it better.

This actually reminds me of the Legends of Vox Machina in that it just feels like an epic D&D campaign.
funny you mention it. IIRC, the manga was loosely based off one of the author's D&D games. He is a big fan of tabletop RPGs

Dex-chan lover
This is the prime example where you should not watch the anime, but completely dive into the manga instead.

Even the most distinguished animation studio would struggle to properly convey the scale, the monumental grandeur of a legendary fight like this. And that's not to find fault with those studios, I am saying this entirely to sing the praises of the artist.
I probably have been repeating myself ten times over, but the art is absolutely breathtaking and wholly responsible in capturing the legendary feel of this story.

Dungeon Meshi (I'm baised, sue me) captured D&D in its own unique and wonderful way.
Faraway Paladin does the same, but instead treats it almost with a reverent quality and make it feel like the epics of old. And to do that succesfully is something only a very few can manage.

Oro

This is the prime example where you should not watch the anime, but completely dive into the manga instead.

Even the most distinguished animation studio would struggle to properly convey the scale, the monumental grandeur of a legendary fight like this. And that's not to find fault with those studios, I am saying this entirely to sing the praises of the artist.
I probably have been repeating myself ten times over, but the art is absolutely breathtaking and wholly responsible in capturing the legendary feel of this story.

Dungeon Meshi (I'm baised, sue me) captured D&D in its own unique and wonderful way.
Faraway Paladin does the same, but instead treats it almost with a reverent quality and make it feel like the epics of old. And to do that succesfully is something only a very few can manage.

Honestly I'm just going to say it, I think even comparing it to D&D is a misnomer, I believe this captures the true experience of everything D&D was based on, and frankly all of Fantasy. It feels like something straight out of Tolkien.

Users who are viewing this thread