Saihate no Paladin - Ch. 64.1

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure she always was, iirc the body she used in the first arc wasn't her real one. I think at some point she said it was just a body that had a part of her power and was acting as an avatar for her. It's been a while so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So stagnate is a she now?
Always was and always wasn't. Confusing I know, but seeing as how it is seemingly going off of DnD gods a tad. Here is your answer:

Gods can decide which gender they wish to represent themselves via their avatars, weaker fragments of themselves that they CAN send down to do their bidding. For they can not physically bring themselves into the mortal realms, as doing so would be akin to dropping a black hole in the middle of a corn field. Additionally if any regular mortal tried to view them, their features would very much be obscured, think of it akin to how us 3rd dimensional beings would be unable to truly view what a 4th dimensional individual our brains just wouldn't be able to process it.

So it would not be incorrect to claim that stagnate is agender or see them as such. However, beings of great power or faith can sometimes be able to see the physical manifestations of the deities. Considering that our dear old ancient evil dragon had no reason to lie and was most certainly powerful to know the gods. More than likely stagnate's physical form and gender is female.

Dex-chan lover
Now that I'm done barfing that word soup out, I can finally say what I want to, ehem.

AYO WILL DIDN'T JUST CHARM A PAIR OF GODDESS BUT A PAIR OF GODDESS SISTERS WTF!?!?

In a way hasn't Will also seduced the ultimate goth with stagnate, and the ultimate holy nun with Gracefell? I swear he is hitting multiple tags with these two goddesses. Gods that is impressive!

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure she always was, iirc the body she used in the first arc wasn't her real one. I think at some point she said it was just a body that had a part of her power and was acting as an avatar for her. It's been a while so someone correct me if I'm wrong.
But the earlier chapters referred to it as the God of death and even MC called it a him. That's why I'm confused

Dex-chan lover
stagnate is agender, it just is whatever it wants to be any given time, like a male humanoid when fighting or a female bird when spying on someone its interested in
Always was and always wasn't. Confusing I know, but seeing as how it is seemingly going off of DnD gods a tad. Here is your answer:

Gods can decide which gender they wish to represent themselves via their avatars, weaker fragments of themselves that they CAN send down to do their bidding. For they can not physically bring themselves into the mortal realms, as doing so would be akin to dropping a black hole in the middle of a corn field. Additionally if any regular mortal tried to view them, their features would very much be obscured, think of it akin to how us 3rd dimensional beings would be unable to truly view what a 4th dimensional individual our brains just wouldn't be able to process it.

So it would not be incorrect to claim that stagnate is agender or see them as such. However, beings of great power or faith can sometimes be able to see the physical manifestations of the deities. Considering that our dear old ancient evil dragon had no reason to lie and was most certainly powerful to know the gods. More than likely stagnate's physical form and gender is female.
When did they establish that?

Dex-chan lover
When did they establish that?
They didn’t to my knowledge in the manga. However, how the gods work does seem to be heavily inspired by DnD with faith empowering the respective deities the more followers they have. That being said I’m largely just inferring upon from the information we have.

Dex-chan lover
So he just got covered in dragon's fluid and got his genes? Okay.
So stagnate is a she now?
I doubt gods in this manga even have genders, kinda a useless thing if you aren't going to procreate.

Dex-chan lover
I doubt gods in this manga even have genders, kinda a useless thing if you aren't going to procreate.
She straight up says she can procreate and intends to procreate with will.
But the earlier chapters referred to it as the God of death and even MC called it a him. That's why I'm confused
I was operating under the assumption that it was either a translation issue (the original japanese using a neutral "him") or the characters just not knowing.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
stagnate is agender, it just is whatever it wants to be any given time, like a male humanoid when fighting or a female bird when spying on someone its interested in
Eh seems like the actual main self of stagnate is female, and is considered the "main" one. But the echoes can take on different forms and genders. The bird looked like it turned into a representation of the main god, since other gods have definitely genders.

Dex-chan lover
Really fantastic fight, though the very ending feels lackluster; not bad per say, but fails to live up to the fight itself.
Even the high five looked stupid, and Will just shrugs off that incredible torturous pain he just suffered through. I had also hoped he would have one last moment with the Dragon as it enters the reincarnation cycle, but I guess it was not to be.

It does honestly.

I guess this chapter answer the reason why he shrugs off the injuries

Contributor
Will slaying Valacirca and gaining so much power after being bathed in its fire and blood makes some sense. As others pointed out, there is a precedence to this in the legend of Siegfried who became invincible after being bathed in the blood of the dragon he killed. If Will wasn't overpowered before, he sure is now.

Users who are viewing this thread