Saihate no Paladin - Ch. 65.1

If he's a dragon in all but form, doesn't this mean he's gonna have a long-ass life? I think the Elves will be the only people who can live long like him, and maybe his kids if he has any
That is if he managed to get a wife with those two lady

Dex-chan lover
All these people talking about a ridiculously long lifespan as if Stagnate didnt explicitly say that wasnt the case last chapter
People don't trust Stagnate's "few years" since she is a goddess therefore her "few years" can mean centuries. There is a scene where it is revealed that elves' sense of time is unreliable so what more if it is from the gods.
I honestly can't. "Oh no, I've become super powerful, woe is me!"

Feels like someone saying: "Oh no, I've become super rich! How am I going to handle so much money?!"

Or "Oh no, I've become super famous! Argh, how can I deal with this fame?"

Feels like the author wants us to pity his perfect MC, as if he didn't constantly get success, praise, power, blessings, and love. It comes across as a really sloppy way to write your OP isekai MC while trying to make him pitiable and relatable at the same time.
My impression is not that he lamenting the power or rather lamenting that it came from the EVIL dragon. He been warned that it also include dragon's bad traits. Stagnate said that he have to reign in the tendencies by being humble and not prideful.

Will before is already out of norm but he did not lament back then because it came from those he like(his goddesss and his parent's teachings and training) . All the things he said can also happen even before the battle albeit in a lesser degree but he did not think about it at all.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Any other manga fantasy/isekai protagonist would be reveling in their newfound pseudo-immortality. Not the GOAT here.
I'm very thankful that the author writes the MC here to realise that overwhelming power would lead not just to a good life, but also down the path of hubris.

It's a really good way to show his good upbringing that he could ponder on his newfound strength, and to realise that his fight with the dragon has only physically ended.

Aggregator gang

Feels like someone saying: "Oh no, I've become super rich! How am I going to handle so much money?!"

Feels like the author wants us to pity his perfect MC, as if he didn't constantly get success, praise, power, blessings, and love. It comes across as a really sloppy way to write your OP isekai MC while trying to make him pitiable and relatable at the same time.
Its not self pity as so much as acknowledging the actual problems alongside the blessings of replacing his entire body with the dragons flesh he drained through the sword.

He literally starts to take on not just the physical prowess of dragons, but also their very personality, being greedy, cunning and temparmental in Valecircas case. The goddess literally acknowledged this at the last few chapters and now Will has to deal with it for the rest of his life, or become exactly how Valecirca lived.

So no, this not just a case of Will wondering "how he deals with money", instead its more like how Will "avoids the compulsion of stealing and hoarding money without killing his neighbours".

Dex-chan lover
The clothes look fine even when in storage for centuries and and I am fine with that.

So no, this not just a case of Will wondering "how he deals with money", instead its more like how Will "avoids the compulsion of stealing and hoarding money without killing his neighbours".

I am thinking it is more of the money came from a drug kingpin that they killed . Also "inheriting" all the drug kingpin's tendencies. Same problematic effect.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter! So what's with the utoon watermark? Do they own RiohanLibert's Scans now or something?

Dex-chan lover
I hadn't read this series since the dragon felling and god. Didn't expect him to become a human dragon but I'm super interested in where this author will go with the time honored mortal Vs (semi )immortal empathy conversation.

I absolutely love that as a theme, and will already has quite a unique perspective to have to grapple with as someone who has lived two lives around resurrected undead heroes as family.

Also above all, I'm so relieved for the elves and the dwarves to have their homes in recovery instead of constant undeath.

Dex-chan lover
I was really expecting the goth looking warrior to die, after all, he just revealed to us that he's now in a relationship before setting out - that is such a big flag...
And yet nothing happened! What a tease! :dogkek:
Also, it's rather ironic that the Hero of the death and rebirth goddess will have such a long life.
I would have bet my house the old dwarf went on this quest just to die and pass the torch to Al. Its refreshing to be wrong at predicting mangas really

Dex-chan lover
it seems the idea that people could get complacent when they had "cheat mode" flew over so many people thought.
this is what William basically said in this chapter. he is a hardworking man, and people respect and acknowledge his effort, sincerity, etc and despite all that super strength he's still human inside. Not some unknown monster he became now, which could become the object of fear instead of inspiration to other human (especially politician).

now he's on thin ice of becoming complacent, arrogant, and lazy. William fear he would no longer motivated to train because he has ridiculous innate Strength, no need to be cautious because he can heal, no need to be considerate because he's now superior being
He wont change now for sure, but he has long lifespan, as the saying goes "either you die a hero, or live long enough to become a villain". this is what bother Will the most

Double-page supporter

look at it this way. the mc of Saikyō Onmyōji no Isekai Tenseiki was similarly a very powerful being before reincarnating himself. how did he die? politicians, nobles, etc... got scared of his power and decided to force one of his disciples (basically adopted child) to kill him. this is the kind of problem will is facing from now on.

Dex-chan lover

Think of it this way, it's more like he's become something that can break anything he touches, even the ones he loves, all this, without him having any control over it. Imagine trying to do mundane tasks like opening a door and the handle stays in your hand. Even his love life will be a mess now unless we count the 2 goddesses.

Dex-chan lover
i wanna write some profound comments but i think they're all have been said. so i'm just gonna say that page 4 when they test sword vs hand was super funny to me :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread