Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 11 Ch. 52

Dex-chan lover
It really does give me Lord of the Rings vibes.

The way the leg was drawn on page 17 made me think that Al severed the demon's whole foot. :ROFLMAO:
Especially when we have an arc thats very LoTR (Hobbit to be specific) with a Dwarf King wanting to reclaim his land from a Dragon thing. Also Dwarfs design looks mighty suspect like Thorin Oakshield.

Dex-chan lover
Especially when we have an arc thats very LoTR (Hobbit to be specific) with a Dwarf King wanting to reclaim his land from a Dragon thing. Also Dwarfs design looks mighty suspect like Thorin Oakshield.
I think the atmosphere is also very much so at play when I say that it's like LoTR. Especially, the whole element of them going up against basically insurmountable odds but still giving it there all for the greater good. Also, along with Thorin Oakshield we also have a character which resembles Aragorn Arathorn pretty well too. :thonk:

In the end though, it's definitely different enough to still be very enjoyable even with the similarity to other works!

Dex-chan lover
 Good thought provoking high fantasy feels so rare these days, and it's even more rare in manga, where there's a tendency to "RPGify" everything.

This is hands down one of the best stories on the entire dex. Fantastic art, fantastic character writing, fantastic and relatable themes/message, story is thought through, setting is well built - it's a real 10/10. It doesn't get much better than this.

Users who are viewing this thread