Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - Guardian Deity

Dex-chan lover
Oh right they had contract with the god and the contract is broken

Dex-chan lover
@Talh
The Highlord Demon King sealed by the three heroes is a menace to the world. Even Stagnate doesn't wish that on anyone. Stagnate cares about living things enough to the point of wanting to give everyone an undead utopia, where nobody dies, is hurt, or feels hunger or pain, and heroes never die. Unleashing that upon the world is the last thing it needs. In that sense, and that sense only, Stagnate is a decent person. However, not many people enjoy being greeted by their dead kid they buried yesterday, or their decaying and dismembered daddy they thought died in a war months ago.

Next chapter spoiler
They've begun to collapse because Stagnate has withdrawn its blessing of immortality from them. They were supposed to vanish immediately, but it's implied Gracefeel is working behind the scenes to keep her precious priest's family on the planet long enough for him to have a proper farewell.

Double-page supporter
NO GODAMMIT WHY

NOOOOOOOO ???
WHATever it is you’re trying to do with that ending NO ???

Dex-chan lover
@kaminomikan
@RemIpsum
They have some last parting words, and then he uses "Turn Undead" on them, sending them away.
Because he was the only one that still had attachment to the seal, Gus brokers a deal with Gracefeel, and gets to stay for a few years.

Dex-chan lover
Fuck... Knew things would go the tragic route.
Maybe they will disappear, but in a good way?

Dex-chan lover
@Talismaster Thanks for the spoiler. Sounds this arc is enough for me. A really good isekai.

Do you have good manga recommendations like this one? It's fine if its not isekai.

Dex-chan lover
I’m on a train, why did I choose to read this

Good isekai = virtually no isekai. ?
It is a surprisingly clever and touching story so far. Hope it stays that way.

Users who are viewing this thread