Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 5 Ch. 22 - A Blessing

Fed-Kun's army
@TetraSky Speaking of "penetrating",
he's also going to "penetrate" Anna later in the story if I recall correctly.

@b33fy It's one of the reasons I really like this series. Him and Mary are great characters that showcase the positive side of religion. Every other manga I can think of, religious people are crazed zealots, corrupt politicians, or outright the bad guys, and religion and the gods just treated as magic by another name.

It makes me seriously wonder if the author of the LN is religious themselves (actually religious, not just "go to shrine on New Year's/church on Christmas" religious).

I'm more surprised that the vice bishop is actually not a psychopathic manipulative backstabber but apparently a rather trustworthy person despite having a knack to easily win over people.

well, the only good thing about religion is that it can help you tu advance in your life when you have hard time, but you can have that without religion and most of the time a religion is create to have a way to control peoples so yea, their is no exclusive good things that come from religions that why @danime91.

Dex-chan lover
This is the second time I have ever seen a fat priest in a manga not being a child rapist. Thank you for not falling into trite tropes.

Dex-chan lover
Actually extremely happy about the developments with the priest, maybe he didn't need to be initially shown off as so black and white, but either way in truth we now see him as a good person, where many series would just lean into making him as tropey and one dimensional as possible.

Also new guy looks cool, wonder if he has a whip in his back pocket.

Astounding chapter I felt that bishop Bagley wasn't such a bad dude and I'm glad I was right also this Reystov dude hope he becomes another permanent party member I like this dude.

Dex-chan lover
Menel is such a tsuntsundere. Love this manga - especially in absence of something like Marry Grave,.

God damn every chapter reminds me when I cried 3 times in a row in 1 chapter when I first found this manga 8 months ago. Really got me into Isekai stuff.

Also that priest guy reminds me of the MC from My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending. Has a curse of everything he says being turned into rude shit and when viewing his actions in detail shows that he's a very good guy, thus charming everyone who knew him.

Fed-Kun's army
@danime91 because "religions" nowadays are political ideologies and very little else. nd bu "Nowadays" I mean ever since those treacherous rebels who tried to unite all city-states into one were cast out of Mesopotamia to the west, where they created a totalitarian cult with maximum exclusivity possible.
One god? Because every city-state is ruled by a priest bound by divine marriage to the patron god of the city, so one god would mean one high priest and one government.
Only cult-born women may give birth to a proper cult member? Because the children of slave concubines should remain slaves and the position of a slave is the only one reserved for non-members.

Al that is for the sole purpose of unity and hierarchy.

And rudimentary psychological help the priests perform now (in the form of receiving confessions and giving counseling) was created more for the sake of creating an informator network, not help for the devoted. Again, a political tool.

Tyh byproduct help is nice, however, professional psychologists do better still.

So the only place the church is actually useful for anyone except the church itself is in a universe like this where the blessings are dependent on following the god's principles. You know, where gods not only exist, but act as well.

I like the angle they took with the priest. Not many isekai that are willing to add nuance to characters like that.

Users who are viewing this thread