Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 5 Ch. 22 - A Blessing

Dex-chan lover
The fat bishop is not actually evil for a change and we have title drop

Group Leader
OK, way to go, mangaka.
I was soooo expecting a scumbag bishop.
I mean, the guy is rude, fat, from the clergy... that's all the ingredients for the usual trope.

I just found out that bishop is like baloon! Really! And so our boy is Faraway Paladin now, as title says...

Power Uploader
That recruitment ad looked like the one in Youjo Senki. Which was already a nod at a hoax ad in an old paper.

But lol... "The Penetrator". That's some nickname I'd like for myself :D

nice to see a manga where the church is nice and the the fat bishop isn't corrupt and perverted for a change (I`m not even religious by the way, that theme was just getting boring).

also, Raystov... THE PENETRATOR......... I just felt the need to say that too

Dex-chan lover
Finally the Bishop was revealed. There is a subtle difference in his actions that tips off how he is a good person. He intimidated and yelled but only in defense of others. He insulted the MC but only to call out his actions as a lesson and never made fun of him. He never used his position for personal reasons.

Dex-chan lover
wait a damn mint are you tall me the church are good guys????

Fed-Kun's army
@ZeroWWE It is a story about a paladin. Theoretically, corrupt clergy would be more interesting villains for a paladin, for obvious reasons. However, Will doesn't have deep ties to the clergy, and he is so resolute in his faith that it wouldn't be much different from fighting bandits.

So Reystov and Anna debuted in the same chapter huh, good for them.

Users who are viewing this thread