Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 5 Ch. 22 - A Blessing

Dex-chan lover
@ZeroWWE
@kaminomikan

it's hard to believe, i know.
nice to see a religious order not be the bad guy for once.
then again there is always the option of the gods themselves being hypocrites and the evil side was the "good guy" all along.

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal It's also just the first actual piece of civilization he's encountered. Could be that the more corrupt churches/bishop types are in other locations. The guy running this town was the brother of a king I think? Capital seems like the right spot for some shitty nobles and clergy to be.

Aggregator gang
Its made much more obvious here that the bishop is a "good guy" than in the LN and WN. Probably one of my favorite characters because of how realistic he is to how old church bishop used to operate. Instead of the exagerated evil they are in other stories. Obviously there were and are "evil" bishops but they are in the minority

HE'S FINALLY THE PALADIN OF THE FARAWAY LANDS!
It's so amazing to see it finally happen! I'm so happy :')

Title-drop AND a reference to the probably-fictional advertisement for the Shackleton Expedition!

Also, I love the depiction of Bishop Bagley. I’m not Roman Catholic myself, it’s just so refreshing to have a religious leader who isn’t just some bumbling corrupt charlatan, someone who is genuinely faithful and competent.

THE END
(i swear I feel like almost every chapter is set up like it will be discontinued)

Dex-chan lover
Oh priest, you did not let me down. I was hoping you would be a good guy for once.
As for that request letter, well at least he knows anyone joining is in it for the long road. Anyone wanting to give it a try for fun with teaming up with a wythrin slayer won't do so if the money isn't good for the danger expected.

Dex-chan lover
NO! I want to see corrupt people, the scum of society and the ugliness of humans.
Don't give me this warm and hopeful feeling. I'm melting!

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how he got that title.
I would love to see more conflicts between gods now though because it's not about the people but about them.

That moment when you realize, how large the bishop ACTUALLY is.
bp398modmwx11.png

Users who are viewing this thread