Saihate no Paladin - Vol. 7 Ch. 31 - The Rust Mountains

Aggregator gang
@Loonila205 Obviously, there you have dwarves refugees from a ruined country. That is the plot of The Hobbit. Some of the character even resemble some characters in the movie. That guy from the beginning reminds me of Thorin. If that guy and his friends managed liberate the mountain then it would be complete.

Dex-chan lover
@Tearsax The one from the Bard's tale Bee sang of the story when Blood, Mary and Gus were starting out who saved 2 kids who were to be used as sacrifices for a dragon, and then was given a dagger who one day hoped to return it to the heroes who saved them.

Also really like the new development for Will as he's becoming more than just a leader, but a figurehead, can't wait to see how he grows into his role in the next chapters.

@ainzell it will definitely get an anime, you don't have to worry about that. You just have to realize that the demographic and the topic is very heavy for the mainstream without the usual elements that would bring the "shitty" to the forefront. The story is serious, there's no "poster girl" or mascot, there is little wish fulfilment nor power fantasy. This isn't about a young man with a grand dream, trying to leave a mark in history or trying to save the world, it's just someone brought up by heroes and try to survive and live the right way stumbling left and right while trying to repay the grace of his goddess.

It's like legend of the galactic heroes, heavy stuff usually takes time to reach a certain critical mass before it gets animated, especially with the current trend with the fanservice where this lacks.

Dex-chan lover
can someone tell me who are the MC in their previous life?
the manga never told us, but its somewhat implied to be a bad life

10/10
@Dr_Harnsaft i remember a similar story, a party of heroes set on journey to reclaim a mountain, their home, from evil. It didn't end well.

@ryouhira
The novels never mention it either. He just doesn't know. The memories are hazy and he doesn't know why his life took such a down turn, only that it did. And that knowledge of what happened to him drives him forward as he knows that giving up is still within him. That's the purpose of the past life memories and I really doubt it will ever be anything more than that.

Dex-chan lover
As an auntie, I'd sign up to be a maid to scout for a prospective husband for my niece, fer sure.

@Egran - for certain members of the party, but the overall extended family benefited and the evil was eliminated in the end, so... eh. Also, the fireworks and toys they produce now are bad-ass.

Dex-chan lover
This is such a beautiful piece of storytelling that I often forget that it's an isekai, not just a fantasy.
If Tolkein wrote manga it would be this.

Se he will try to prevent crimes by addressing the roots of social and financial well being instead of headhunting criminals and building more prisons?
What madness is this? People will call him a commie.

PS: Menel frills always make me a bit uncomfortable.

Dex-chan lover
A Big flag has been raised, means more quest to enjoy and solve. Way to go MC...
I Hope the elves are next

M2Z

Truly love this story! The developments & world building, its good I don't see any romance tag since I like how it is rn (I'm fine if there is just not as the main element)
Adventuring all the wayyyy

Dex-chan lover
the proud Dwarfs reduced to this, people in this manga is horrible at managing diamonds

Dex-chan lover
Nice chapter. I love this kind of world building.

Users who are viewing this thread