Saihate no Paladin

Overpraised manga. The story moralizes on what is 'living'(aka being normalfag) and 'existing'(being a shut-in neet), that a death is cure for stagnation(rly? then kiss). The mc's character is also vague: like in a lot of isekais he is adult reincarnated into child and acting as a child. Author pulls the 'vague memories' card and I am fine with this, but then stop whining about your previous life. He pledges that he will cherish his life while hypocritically brushing previous life as an error. The author look on death and mc's constant whining are appalling. Good family slice of life though. Praise the god of undeath!

C3PO, anybody who is worth anything would look at the previous life as a total waste. He did nothing, accomplished nothing, was a burden on others and merely wallowed in his own misery and failure until he died. You're bitching about the author's unfavorable view on this waste of a life by calling the alternative "being normalfag." Would you like to try even harder to out yourself as a fucking loser? Pathetic.

@PaxEmpyrean, nah, I'm not bitching about author trying to teach his readers life. I''m bitching about inconsistency between mc's memories of the past life and acting as a child. He is either havta forget it or act like an adult. Also I'm sad about author view on death: where mc chooses to become a
slave of one god to not become a slave of another, moreover the god whose plaything he becomes is the god of fire(in this setting she is also a god of death), while the god he fights is the god of undeath (he is creepy dude, but his target is eternal life).
I am shocked about such a high rating, so I tried to voice this shock.

@C3PO maybe you should go back to your generic isekai with slaves and overpowered MC for no reason.
It feels like the isekai setting in this was only because the author didnt know another way of setting the story up the way it is and it can fill pages if needed. I even forget most of the time that this is actually an isekai.

@animekek69 what was your argument? That this manga is mediocre? I know, right?
But what's this about slaves and overpowered mcs? Tryina to downplay mah argument with witty tricks? That's ad hominem fallacy, you know? The same sophistry as the previous guy that called me a fucking loser for not praising this manga.

@C3PO then explain why its mediocre, I dont see any reason why you arguements say it is, you complain that it is isekai, that means u must have read better isekai when this is a mediocre one for u. For now u only complain about it that it isnt enough isekai for u apparently and that this manga is actually deeper and u call people who like it normalfags.
This has actual characters
his family is dead too
and the MC has an actual threat to deal with that doesnt solve in the first 10 chapters and he goes on waifu hunting.
The MC regrets his previous life, everyone most likely will if they could look back after they died. He doesnt act like an adult, no idea how old he was when he died tbh, because he pretty much lived his life as a child here, unexperienced with the world.
The fact that u called this "slife of life" shows that u dont care about this manga as a whole and that its actually progressing really fast, maybe u should have read more than 2 chapters, instead of trying to sound like a smartass with your stupid arguements of this.
This is one of the most unique Isekai I've read in quite some time and I read about 30+ right now which are all generic, this is a nice change because its not just waifu hunting, something u would probably want in this.
If u complain about this one so much, I have no idea what u would actually enjoy to read. I know its not a 11/10 manga, but far superior to the other isekai out there.

@animekek69, didn't you yourself express why is it mediocre: isekai being unrelated, author filling pages and stuff? I went along with ya on that one. And where was I complaining of it being isekai, eh? Are you trying to diverse the attention from the flaws I pointed out to some unrelated stuff? What an audacity!

Oh, you seem to edit your message, need to read it again.
Ok, gotcha. I never called a fans of series normalfags, I don't care whether they are normies or trash. Also I pointed out that him being a crybaby and whipping about previous life is inconsistent with him also acting as a naive child. About slice of life: and what it was not before the god of undeath came? It was a family slice of life, where mc was leeching on this undead family. Was it not? And you insulting me for not liking this manga is very sensible. Also I understood that you liked this manga from the start, there was no need to sing it praises in your last two paragraphs.

this manga is really good, it has actual character development and an interesting premise, for now its a 10 from me

This manga is really, really good. The only flaw I see are the superfluous isekai elements that don't add anything to the story. Should've made him a reincarnated being from the same world instead of Earth.

Best Isekai I've come across so far really love how this is developing. The good & evil and the grey area topic exploration and how religion comes into play very interesting 😍

Dex-chan lover
Pretty good so far, both Authors seem to know what they are doing without making things bland or uninteresting.

Fed-Kun's army
This is a super good isekai series! I honestly didn't expect much other than the stunning art but the author and artist have really pulled this off. The pacing is really nice and isn't rushed and I felt like the story had really been thoroughly planned out/developed, which I don't find that often in many series. I also like the slice of life element. It's not the best isekai out there but it's way better than a lot of them so I'm glad I found this!
Also, I like how the MC slowly develops. He starts out as this doubtful dude that lowkey hates and degrades himself but slowly grows out of that and finds a will to live. This development wasn't rushed so it felt authentic because obviously, not everybody grows from A to B like 1,2,3 without setbacks, sudden relapses and etc.

So...Menel is actually a girl, right? I'm not imagining that? Are the "he"s and "his"es mistranslation, the main's misunderstanding, or am I just straight up delusional? The clothes, high heels, legs, look as a child, expressions, etc.

Double-page supporter
I still don’t like how childish the Mc is despite his mental age, it’s like he’s incapable of thought?

@Final
If I remember MC doesn't really know Menel is a girl, just very Tomboyish and Menel is at fault for not really Correcting him.

Users who are viewing this thread