Saihate no Paladin

What is this? An isekai manga where the MC has actual character growth and isnt some perfect, broken-ass, god like being. An isekai where there isnt a harem constantly throwing themselves at the MC. An isekai were it isnt some edgy world where everyone betrays you. An isekai that actually makes you feel something. I thought that was physically impossible, but here we are.

In all seriousness though, if you're looking for the generic harem isekai, or the cheat ability kind, or the edgy "oh no I've been betrayed" kind, just go to any other isekai manga. Now the MC is definitely strong but he isn't a god like being like other isekais. We also see him train so it feels like he earned his strength rather than being given it on a silver platter. This is a breathe of fresh air and it's a great isekai manga to read. It really does deserve its rating and more. 10/10

Fed-Kun's army
IF this is gay to you bro...
Dropped because of yaoi vibes
then give up mangas. city hunter? very gay. golden kamuy? all the gay. FMJ? the armstrongs be GAY. Battle angel alita? the clones be GAY AND TRANS.
Good, well fkin written stories all have some semblance of seks, religion and death, involved directly or indirectly.
Because that's the kind of depth humans relations require for good lore. skip over and there's a lot of things left unexplored.

the X-men pioneered that. the father of mangas, tezuka himself wrote several mangas with gay characters.

also this has 0% gay. it's about as neutered as it gets.

Fed-Kun's army
Duuude, the worldbuilding is fricking good.

The gods have their established place and lore in the world. They're not evil, that's just humans putting labels, they have their own way to give their blessings.

The races have simple origins and lore explanation but good enough as a basis of how their society works.

And the characters and their relation was grounded enough and isn't forced.

The the magic functions was also well established. Based it on words of power. For words to carry a greater power, ones must not lie. To lie is to weaken that power.

Dex-chan lover
im only on V4 but so far im genuinely impressed. so so SO many manga clearly show the author has no idea what religion is or how religious people think and since they dont understand them they normally make them the bad guy so that they dont need to understand them since they are either false prophets or zealots for an evil cause. and all that despite commonly living in a world where priests can enact literal miracles! so of course if the MC has any priestly power its a gift and not because of any genuine religiosity
and this manga (at least so far) nails it, absolutely blows it out of the park, he disagrees with and ultimately accepts his gods decisions, he goes along with her will without suspicion to her motivations, and he prays to her when he is in need.
and the author manages all that despite it being a bunch of fictional pagan nonsense! very impressive.

hot damn do i i hope this manga doesnt ruin it somhow

EDIT: im caught up now and cant say im disappointed. MC's interaction with his goddess is a bit too...'casual' in my opinion but they are still handling things way better then anyone else. great series

Last edited:
If you're reading this welcome to the best isekai manga. This is a gem among gems, comparing this to other isekai is truly an insult. If you're looking for the same cliches: harem of women, an OP skill, or a backstory of being betrayed, get out now cause this manga breaks away from the cliches. An MC that actually works for his overpoweredness, a religion that isn't fucking evil, progression that makes sense, even the side characters are fun.

In a sea of manga that follow the same damn format, this is a fresh breath of air. All I ask is that you give this a shot, because it's an isekai actually worth reading.

Aggregator gang
this is as good as any western fantasy novel, not quite approaching the levels of Tolkien, but none the less impressive. something I would have no problem recommending to the anime averse.

Users who are viewing this thread