Saika no Kami wa Negawanai - Vol. 2 Ch. 13

I liked it though I feel bad for Set.. and oh boy son was gorgeous af, he actually look like from Set and Isis given his complexion.

Dex-chan lover
kinda messy, bunch of characters left a lot to be desired.

nooo that was the end...

hmm i realllly liked the characters and the story I just wish it went a different direction with it.

A lot of the characters seemed gay and had an obsession problem with each other for some reason but at the same time it makes sense so its not too much of an issue.
Lowkey tho I enjoyed the ride. I just wished the author could flesh out the worldbuilding cuz I saw potential in that as well😃

@Emallene
It seemed gay because it did have gay content behind this story *cough* and the artist did draw some more about them (as well as greek gods story) on their twitter!

No, what! I got so invested and the ending is so weak. Ugh. I feel cheated.

this has been on my plan to read section for so long even though i adore ohitsuji ei’s art. if it wasn’t for the end notes of chapter 2 of butterfly-rat swap villainess ( sorry for butchering the title ) it probably would have stayed in my plan to read section. thank god i picked it up to day and binged it in one setting.

first of all thank you haruparty for being gay in love with ohitsuji ei and always doing excellent scanlations 😘 second of all... i wish i had read this earlier. i’m a fanatic for mythology but funnily enough the exact opposite of ohitsuji ei sensei in which i touched upon egyptian mythology during my formative years of camping out in said section of my school library and then falling head over heels in love with greek mythology. mythologies retold is probably one of my favorite things on earth. i’ve been following pjo since i was twelve, song of achilles haunts me to this day, and olympos has a soft spot in my heart despite the mediocre plot line. LIKE YEAH SURE IT HAD PRETTY ART AND WAS GREEK MYTHOLOGY BASED BUT WAS IT AN ANTAGONIST POV??? no. did it brilliantly tie together the inconsistencies between different myths? absolutely not. i cannot keep complimenting this manga enough because it brought to light lesser known version of egyptian myths and then smoothly transitioned it into one most are familiar with albeit through set’s insistence and “lie”. especially that last scene where anubis appeared and it’s more commonly known that he’s the son of set and nephthys. but sensei points out how set never touches nephthys and thus it falls in line with more recent discourse/interpretation that none of the ancient texts actually tie set and nephthys together.

sorry for the ramble. point is absolutely love love this manga. i hope we see more of ohitsuji ei ( may they continue to dominate villainous week amen )

Users who are viewing this thread