Saikyou de Saisoku no Mugen Level Up ~Sukiru [Keiken-chi 1000-bai] to [Level Free] de Level Jougen no Kase ga Hazureta Ore wa Musou Suru~ - Vol. 1 Ch…

Dex-chan lover
In the last page the scanlation group asks for reader comments.

So here's mine.

This manga you're translating...

DON'T!

That is all.

Dex-chan lover
Student council president's son? In a high school? Definitely mistranslated/wrong context lol

1000x XP gain as a passive is so beyond a cheat skill. Maybe if there was a level cap to it or works as a rest bonus sure but damn, this dude it Lv. 10000 now?!

Dex-chan lover
"Guns can't work in the dungeon"

Oh god, this shit again.
How does the dungeon know what a firearm is? When does the dungeon consider a weapon to be a firearm? It mentions "bullets," so we're talking about projectiles as well. Then I expect bows and crossbows, slings, etc. to not work as well, which I fucking guarantee you will be allowed because... reasons... And if a crossbow, which is mechanical, works there's no reason other mechanical things shouldn't work

I'm going to guess wind-related magic works and the idea of a dungeon being able to tell and differentiate between wind/air just being used and it being used to propel a projectile is even more asinine and ridiculous than firearms not working.

So we're just going to use advanced pneumatic air guns. Problem solved. Fuck your bullshit dungeon rules. Those dumb game-like mechanics will be broken on day one.

The thing that unnerves me most is you don't even need this dumbshit mechanic in your story. Just have the dungeons that do pop up in Japan, where they even have fucking sword control and are never going to allow civilians with firearms to go down into the dungeons.

I mean, America is another story, we're going to be running wild down in the dungeons with suppressed 300BLKs and NVGs just because we can and find it amusing/fun. Doesn't mean that has any bearing on Japan, which is if they do have civilians going in are going to be prohibited from using firearms, even likely swords, and would likely have more people willing to use just magic and melee weapons.

(Although for that gigachad stacked Japanese dude that goes in there and judo-throws the fuck out of monsters has my respect. That's just badass.)

Dex-chan lover
Definitely. Raw says "president's son", so you can probably figure out it means the school president, and not the student council president, if you just think about it. It also mentioned his family name, but the translation completely left that out.

Which tells me the translator didn't do the translation properly, as I got that from the raw thanks to my Chinese background (which helped me to approximate the kanji), minimal Japanese reading comprehension, and a little help from MTL.
Thanks for the explanation!

Dex-chan lover
this really became the new trend huh? there are so many of "dungeon in modern world" manga lately

Dex-chan lover
this really became the new trend huh? there are so many of "dungeon in modern world" manga lately
I like this setting usually better, because we don't have to deal with the MC's desire for rice, and long filler chapters with cooking.
On the other hand the authors usually f*ck up the global politics.

Dex-chan lover

Follow up on my previous comment:​

On the other hand the authors usually f*ck up the global politics.

The UN.​

Why? I'm 100% sure, that the handling those dungeons would be handled in every nation in different ways.
Like:
  • Most nations would (at least try to) train at least a part of they military in the dungeons.
    • (It was not (yet?) shown how the levels affect the life outside the dungeons, if it does.)
  • In the US you would need to pay a big sum to enter.
    • The 2nd amendment would protect the adventurer's rights for any weapon loot.
  • The russians would send in the pmc wankers.
  • In hellholes like Afghanistan, Democratic Republic of the Congo or North Korea the regime and/or local warlords would force random citizens into dungeons.
99.99% of governments would not "just" open the dungeons, and would enact restrictions and/or at least registrations.

Guns and bullets can not be used.​

Immensely lazy writing...
Make it simply unpractical!
Like:
  • Guns give low damage compared to other weapons.
  • No gun related skills.
    • ...or even penalties!
  • Does not scale with levels.
  • Monsters around Level 3-5 already have enough resistance against most guns.

Player.​

My disappointment level is at 100%.
I'm pretty sure that the author will (continue to) plagiarize popular manhwas.

Also, in the UN speech the translation uses the word dungeon (singular), I bet it should have been dungeons (plural).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The most fun anyone can derive while reading this sorta thing is to shit on it in the comments section, lel. I can't believe the source material ran for so long as 300+ chapters, and even had a lightnovel.

The only thing I really want to shit on, the rest is a bit too low-hanging fruit, is that that politician tried to argue that "it'd be more efficient to let citizens decide their own fate themselves, let them get into these death traps that grants them superpowers."
Because surely that makes sense, good luck controlling human beings, like the MC, who can grow out to infinity and destroy the world just cuz. Although I bet the MC won't actually do anything with his newfound position as a demigod, because why would he?
It makes perfect sense for these "dungeons" to be highly regulated. The only thing nobody wants to see, is any form of corruption behind the decision to regulate entry.

Dex-chan lover
MTL is fine as long as there is some proofreading done. There's no way anyone would read "student council president's son" and think there's nothing weird about that. I suspect that no proofreading happened this time.

Dex-chan lover
I will try aiming Lv 10000 in Skyrim. Unconfirmed sources have rumours about game crashes at level 252.

Dex-chan lover
"Guns can't work in the dungeon"

Oh god, this shit again.
How does the dungeon know what a firearm is? When does the dungeon consider a weapon to be a firearm? It mentions "bullets," so we're talking about projectiles as well. Then I expect bows and crossbows, slings, etc. to not work as well, which I fucking guarantee you will be allowed because... reasons... And if a crossbow, which is mechanical, works there's no reason other mechanical things shouldn't work

I'm going to guess wind-related magic works and the idea of a dungeon being able to tell and differentiate between wind/air just being used and it being used to propel a projectile is even more asinine and ridiculous than firearms not working.

So we're just going to use advanced pneumatic air guns. Problem solved. Fuck your bullshit dungeon rules. Those dumb game-like mechanics will be broken on day one.

The thing that unnerves me most is you don't even need this dumbshit mechanic in your story. Just have the dungeons that do pop up in Japan, where they even have fucking sword control and are never going to allow civilians with firearms to go down into the dungeons.

I mean, America is another story, we're going to be running wild down in the dungeons with suppressed 300BLKs and NVGs just because we can and find it amusing/fun. Doesn't mean that has any bearing on Japan, which is if they do have civilians going in are going to be prohibited from using firearms, even likely swords, and would likely have more people willing to use just magic and melee weapons.

(Although for that gigachad stacked Japanese dude that goes in there and judo-throws the fuck out of monsters has my respect. That's just badass.)

I got so disappointed when I got to that part.
It feels so insanely stupid to remove guns as a cool fighting option when you have a dungeon in modern time.
The MC is lvl 10000, what harm could possible be done balance wise by guns.

Users who are viewing this thread