Saikyou no Kurokishi♂, Sentou Maid♀ ni Tenshoku shimashita - Vol. 6 Ch. 31

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
That's some advanced chemistry there, poison that isn't deadly because it gets processed fast by the body, so it gets an inhibitor to prevent that from happening, but the inhibitor isn't permanent so the poison can do a saturation attack to all organs before being processed and disposed.

I wonder if it is possible in real life? Maybe.

Fed-Kun's army
I honestly hate the bullshit with that dead woman so I hope this arc ends soon and she doesn't get mentioned again.

Dex-chan lover
So is she dead? Getting mixed vibes but that’s the implication i get.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter is nice just seeing Maria chat a bit, but it is also a little bit too mechanical and wordy.

With that said, it is still fun watching Maria being intelligent for once. She comes off as goofy and silly because of the people around her that we kind of forget that she is actually pretty smart for a former knight who never had formal education and a combat maid who probably also didn't get a formal education like the nobles and royals she deals with all time.

Dex-chan lover
@Richman Yes and no... in terms of barier most oral medicine need some sort of barier because of the acid in your stomach could rapidly neutralised any compounds in the medicine. As for accoumulative that is pretty similar to radiation poisoning.

Dex-chan lover
If he cared about people not suffering like his liver why didn't he immediately help with the same excuse he just use?

@Richman As someone who is currently in training to become a pharmaceutical technician (and maybe later pharmacist) in theory this is indeed possible. I do not know of a real life example though. But something that poison mentioned here reminded me of is "Curare".
Curare is a plant-based poison used by the Indigenous people from South American for hunting animals.
Said poison is applied to the tip of arrows and when the animals are shot, Curare enters the blood stream and kills them.
The reason why the hunters can safely consume the meat afterwards is because the poison only can act as such when it enters the blood stream. When eaten though its destination is the stomach where it is metabolized through the whole digestion process and in the end neutralized and, like everything else we eat, excreted.

Fed-Kun's army
@Hcoregamer Agreed; remembering your death is undoubtedly a traumatic experience; not to mention growing up as a girl in the slums. Even though she's cheery and a bit silly, she hides a very dark past, so I'm glad to see some of her wits and experience come out. Hopefully we get more of that.

Contributor
@FgoSegul Yes she's dead, but he ID'd the poison before he died because he encountered it when he was a Merc in his past life.

Dex-chan lover
At least he's loyal... granted he's simping but man dude's loyal

Forget about her my guy, you got he boys lmao, the whole squad. Even the tsundere knight tried making moves on you lol.

Dex-chan lover
@Dvalkerz @Gudachiz
You aren't wrong that Maria (Albright) continues to simp for Theresa. Don't forget Maria's situation where she is a 16-year-old girl who is a maid who happens to have 30 and 40 something-year-old guys who are knights, nobles, and aristocrats who are way above her in their station who is simping for her. Not to mention that chronologically, Maria's only been visiting the castle for several days and she already has the most powerful men in her country chasing after her.

Maria is probably the most powerful woman in the country other than the queen, and she doesn't even realize it, lol 😆

Users who are viewing this thread