Saikyou no Maou ni Kitaerareta Yuusha Isekai Kikanshatachi no Gakuen de Musou Suru - Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
Sorry for the later update, been busy with exams, only have a few more to do. 2 more chapters till I'm caught up.
Thanks for the TL, hope your exams went well! Please let me know if you have a donation page or something to show my thanks at!

Supporter
Probably was said a bunch when the tournament started, but...However the matches got drawn was flawed from the start.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

In the next episode of "How to be the MC who doesn't wan to standout so he uses his intellect to come up with an OP plan of how to lose, even if he can win in the first place without his powers getting discovered"

NGL, the rate and intensity of how he is trying not to standout will make him infamous of being a loser that he will standout eventually anyways.

Dex-chan lover
It would be kinda interesting if that teacher lady turns out not to be one of those types of villains that just tries to continuously manipulate the mc into doing things. But instead she turns out to be someone who is helpful and working with the mc.

Aggregator gang
So people saying she is too useless... did you miss the first 20 some chapters? She is f rank and not hiding her power lol

Dex-chan lover
I find it hard to believe the people in power here couldn't find the source of this drug. When the basis of this "location" was to cage all of these returners. I would be surprised if they weren't under heavy surveillance. Therefore, the people in power can't the source because they intentionally letting this happen or the culprit was stronger than them. The first one would inline with the settings so far. But if it's the second, then this will went down the cliche route. Which I think would be wasteful with how the story started.

Supporter
I'm guessing author set up komari skill activation to something shounen-like. like, It could work when she desperately want to protect someone which happened in that one time she pulled it off.

hence why she never pull it off before because her party was too comfy. idk but the MC trying his best to conceal his power is starting to get on reader nerve. I mean, I got the plot point where he's total irregular and his cat life in on the line cuz entire school(and possibly country) would jump on them the moment her real identity is exposed but C'mon. at least slow the pathetic side of MC and ... idk? let us see more of cat fucker panel maybe? I guess we need some villian who try to fuck his cat to make MC using his power lol.

at least the I Think I'll Hide My True Ability to the Last Moment set it up nicely (for now) and that MC starting to show his power cuz cute waifu.

Dex-chan lover
I understand the people loosing patience with the MC, I do...
But take into consideration for a moment a few things.
He is not simply up against a super powerful school and/or country. There are literal gods in their world who control the school and send people to entirely different worlds giving them powers to fight against demons lords that threaten those alternative worlds.
Granted he is inarguably more powerful than these gods. It really cannot be argued because the first chapter(s) explicitly stated that the demon lord who summoned him, his cat, was sealed within her world because she was, quite literally, too powerful for the gods to deal with using summoned heros or directly themselves... hence the sealing.
Therein lies the problem. The gods basically control everything. Everything from granting power, monitoring power, to transfer of people from the "main" world to others and back. They absolutely will not respond kindly to that demon lord being out of her "cage".
The MC, who was summoned by the demon lord for her to train to kill her, so she could finally die (after "gaining" her "sanity" and effectively deciding to die but being unable to end it herself), decided to not do the one thing she summoned him to do, but instead show her "the world".

Could he fight off all the heroes and goddesses? Probably, maybe some sacrifice to do it on his behalf (quantity over quality, etc), and maybe not... But this does not matter.
If he is revealed it isn't like he just makes an enemy out of some super powerful school... or some country... nor would he just be making an enemy of all the goddesses. No, he would be making an enemy out of absolutely every world that demon lords appear in and the goddesses control (presumably all of them).
They either could not rest due to constantly being hunted, or worse, could not be part of civilization. Anyone who discovered who they were would utterly hate and fear them. They would have to live away from people completely (I mean, honestly, why wouldn't the goddesses spread their name and appearances to all civilizations they control if the MC made himself known and faced them?)

At that point the very reason to leave her "cage" becomes pointless. They may as well have just lived there indefinitely... And that wouldn't make much of an interesting manga after a quite short period of time... would it?

And, to anyone who actually managed to make it this far... congratulations, and sorry. I tried to shorten the above as much as I could...

Dex-chan lover
You people are so used of stories where MC companions are powered up in an instant just by being next to MC and it shows

Dex-chan lover
Hey, @StealthAria , remember when I said MC didn't have a cheat skill? Eat your fuckin' heart out!
Where exactly does this prove he doesn't have a cheat skill? Is it because he didn't use one? Because Felice was the one that explained to him how cheat abilities are unlocked? Or because he's paranoid about people digging into his past?
None of those are proof he doesn't have cheat powers, which is why I keep saying you're the one making conjectures.
You have no proof except for a lack of verification, but a lack of proof is not proof of a lack.

Him not activating a cheat ability just means he either didn't feel the need to, or that his cheat ability is something passive like [Limitless Growth].
Felice's explanation doesn't wave anything, because even if if Kyouya or anyone else meets a goddess during their summoning that goddess is under no obligation to explain how cheat abilities are acquired, it's just that Felice did explain it. Felice's explanation does raise the question of what the "goddesses" actually are since she used "beings known as goddesses" instead of just "goddesses" in that explanation.
And him being paranoid about people digging into his past is nothing new; all that's new this time is that his concerns are made even more broad here, which may just be down to the translator's word choice, or it may indicate that his concerns were never actually about Felice being a former demon lord.

Last edited:
Supporter
You're doing an awesome job with the translation, typesetting and cleaning! I really appreciate your hard work!

Double-page supporter
They could have revealed the drug at start of tournament, then protag would have a valid excuse to be throwing every match like this. As the more he looses, the more likely the drug dealer will come to him thinking he wants it. In fact it would have been humorous if each match was him finding various ways to throw the match believably without revealing his powers (Like in 'Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute!').

Yeah, that would've been a lot more interesting.

I think this chapter highlighted why I dislike the direction this manga's heading. The MC wants to keep his powers hidden to avoid complications. I get that, really. But the teacher's already said outright that she knows he's sandbagging like this, so there's no reason to throw the last match, especially after Cat-wife already said she wanted to see him win.

Dex-chan lover
How to spot a badly written character instantly:

7Xf1F1t.png

Like man, just go somewhere far away and live out your life with cat waifu. Or just blast everything and everyone standing in your way if you're so overpowered.

Users who are viewing this thread