Saikyou Yuusha wa Oharai Hako: Maou ni Nattara Zutto Ore no Musou Return - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Hero is Dismissed

Aggregator gang
No, no, no tell me the story of the mad king. I don't need another isekai story with a different protagonist and an OP skill.

Dex-chan lover
@Kyujyu

Think it was more described as maximising the possible usage out of anything that could be considered an item.

Fed-Kun's army
At least the hero won easily, it would've been embarrassing if he lost after been the one who defeated the demon king.

Dex-chan lover
So, what's the ability of the king that makes his fat ass able to remain as a king all this time?
I mean, betrayal and conspiracy seems pretty common and all.

Dex-chan lover
@Kyujyu

Not just use, "master". Or rather, perfect use. Like pick up a rifle and let the ability take over, it'll be a perfect shot each time, no matter your target.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter!
Item master doesn't just mean he can use any item, but use it in a way that maximizes item's ability to do something. For example, when he flung the gold coin to keep Gotte from killing the demon. While a gold coin is usually used for money it can be launched and inflict damage as a metal disc. His ability allowed him to launch the coin with the accuracy and power needed to do what he wanted it to do. After all, even an expert would have a hard time flicking a gold coin to do what Garrius did.
In the LN he talked with the demon king more and met his daughter too. Also, found out that the troops who were suppose to wait for his signal to attack the demon king's castle moved without him. Manga doesn't explain well but LN mentions that King knew Queen cheating on him and was using MC to clean house. Hence the crazed grin when Queen dragged away. Apparently the 1st Queen, Jared's mother, like current Queen was having an affair. King realized it when Prince grew up showing physical traits and talents that didn't inherit from him or queen. Hence the bumbling fool is just an act and has a talent and patience for long term revenge. So plan was to deliberately spoil Jered rotten and expose him as a fraud hero but Gotte's assassination attempt skewed the plan a bit. Unfortunately for Garrius the King used him as a disposable pawn for his revenge. Will have to read chapters coming up to see whether or not King has any more plans for Garrius or if content to do nothing if Garrius doesn't make a ruckus somewhere. That and if remains as king or not considering he doesn't seem to care about the position or country very much and only remained king to exact a very cold, cruel revenge on the Prince and Queen which he's achieved.

@yuu-oniichan Will have to read on to see what does with queen, but more likely grinning because has proof of her wrongdoing and can now execute or imprison her without having to worry about being criticized. That and spoiled rotten Prince was injured and revealed in public his pathetic cowardliness.

Dex-chan lover
why would you ever use a super special dagger that would only lead to you being found out? the plan was obviously for the general to cut the assassin down right there to avenge the prince but if he did that they would find the dagger on him which would instantly link it to the queen so wtf?

Dex-chan lover
ohh.. it kinda like this one.. the ugliness and stupidity of mortal humans..

Double-page supporter
Loved how he didn't give a fuck and stabbed the dude.
But I am not really a fan of fat characters, so.. :/

@Hokujin
Nah. In japanese literature orcs are associated with pigs (they look like pigs..), so probably the are calling him orc because he is fat.

Dex-chan lover
@Doomer They were going to cover that part up. No one would ever know about the dagger. The knights would go along with the general and believe him obviously, or atleast not want to go against him. This isn't a situation where the knife would be taken as evidence by the cops.

Dex-chan lover
Just going to mention that no dull sword, or sword for that matter should go through a knights armour, let alone the chestplate of said armour killing the knight. The sword is incapable of doing such a thing and would break trying. He could have killed him logically by going for an open spot, like the whole head area.

Swords don't cut through what swords are made of. Axes have a hard enough time of it. You would need a solid, thick, spike of metal and a LOT of strength to puncture metal without it bending or breaking. If he had grabbed the magic dagger i could see it working of course. Its a super weapon after all. You can definitely get through bronze with steel using enough force and a strong weapon.

Dex-chan lover
Personally, I kinda like this hero design more. It's more unique compared to others, even if you could say he looks plain.

I wonder what the extent of his gift is? Because it can be twisted to be extremely broken depending. Technically, fists are weapons for fighting, so does that mean he can muster master-level martial arts skill?

Group Leader
I swear the king's demented grin probably because he was like "yes, now I have a reason to torture my perpetually beautiful whore forever in the dungeons."

Yes, I've been tainted too much. 😏

esp

Honestly, if he thought it was that easy to kill the hero, why didn't he just go kill the demon lord and become famous?

Double-page supporter
Damn this is some shitty art. But it kinda fits with the ugliness of the MC somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread